PDA

View Full Version : Framing error when running simple MVC app in IE8

jefftalley
26 Apr 2012, 1:10 PM
When I run a simple MVC app in IE8 using ext-all-dev.js (using Ext 4.1.0 RC3), I get an error in the console window stating: "[E] You have set frame: true explicity on this component (header) and it does not have any framing defined in the CSS template. In this case IE cannot figure out what sizes to use and thus framing on this component will be disabled."

The source file comments states: "This happens when you set frame: true explicitly without using the x-frame mixin in sass. This way IE can't figure out what sizes to use and thus framing can't work."

I get the error with this minimal code:

test.html:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<!-- CSS Styles -->
<link href="./extjs-4-1-0-rc3/resources/css/ext-all.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<!-- Javascript Includes -->
<script src="./extjs-4-1-0-rc3/ext-all-dev.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="./test.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<title>Test</title>
</head>
<body></body>
</html>

test.js:

Ext.application({
name: 'Test',
appFolder: 'app',
autoCreateViewport: false,
launch: function() {
Ext.create('Ext.container.Viewport', {
layout: 'fit',
html: '<div>test</div>'
});
}
});

If I create a viewport using Ext.onReady() instead of Ext.application(), I do not get the error. The error also does not appear for the ext-all.js or ext-all-debug.js versions. Even with the error, the application does function, so I am assuming this may result in some formatting issues. Either way, I would like to not see the error.

Any ideas of how to fix this?

mitchellsimoens
30 Apr 2012, 12:39 PM
Ext.Error is only active in the dev build so the error is still being thrown in ext-all.js and ext-all-debug.js.

Stokes
17 May 2012, 9:18 AM
I don't understand this answer. The message won't show up in production, but is it an indication of a real issue? The test code doesn't have frame:true in it 'explicitly', so it's not clear to me where the fault lies.

VDP
19 Sep 2012, 3:33 AM
Having a similar problem but I'm not following either... Anyone has a solution?

WagsMax
22 Jan 2013, 5:02 PM
This issue is coming up for me as well in IE, does not happen in Chrome or FF.
An answer is needed, as my app just dies in the water in IE displaying a fubar'd window.

WagsMax
23 Jan 2013, 6:01 PM
I found what the problem was... in my form I has an html config like this:

{
xtype: 'container',
itemId: 'subscrCont',
html: '<font size="1.5em"><br>Some text'
}
and when I changed it to:

{
xtype: 'container',
itemId: 'subscrCont',
html: '<font size="1.5em"><br>Some text</font>'
}
IE did not report that error any more. (Notice the added </font> closing tag.)
The IE error message is a red herring that sent me off on a wild goose chase for several hours.