PDA

View Full Version : Which file should I include in my website from the downloaded extjs zip?

Fire-Dragon-DoL
10 May 2012, 10:46 AM
There are a lot of files inside extjs zip, but I don't understand which files should I include.

I noticed that there is a bootstrap.js that is not mentioned on all tutorial i've found, but I think it should be included.

Can someone point me to a tutorial or tell me which files I should include in my extjs directory?
As far as I understood, I have to include:

Bootstrap.js
ext-all-*.js
resources dir (possibly skipping sass directory)

Any other suggestions?

friend
10 May 2012, 11:08 AM
Read the Getting Started Guide (http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-1/#%21/guide/getting_started), skipping forward to section 2.2 and read from there on down. This should help a bit.

Fire-Dragon-DoL
10 May 2012, 11:21 AM
I already read that, but boostrap.js is not mentioned anywhere there.
That's why I was asking.

Notice that I've already a working application but I'm not using bootstrap.js and I would like to understand which files I need to make ext js works

skirtle
11 May 2012, 6:45 AM
You do not need to include the bootstrap file if you're already including ext-all*.

For development I'd include ext-all-dev.js and for deployment I'd use ext-all.js. Some people prefer to load the library using dynamic loading but I tend to find the increase in page load time outweighs the debugging benefits. For deployment I sometimes switch to using a custom build if required.

Fire-Dragon-DoL
11 May 2012, 6:48 AM
Yea I reached same point.
Bootstrap is only to load the "correct" ext-all-*. The dev is important during development.

These things should be included in the zipfile on a TXT called "installation guidelines" or something like that however. At least, people expect to find it here.