PDA

View Full Version : google maps local search control css problem help

snobrdinrtiste
9 Dec 2007, 8:30 PM
hi guys,
i just came across Ext JS a couple days ago... this is pretty awesome since i've been using the YUI for a while now.
the problem i'm having is that when i added the google maps local search control in to my map, it seems to take on the site's theme.
and the results from a search comes out funky...
has anyone worked with the local search control in google maps?
is there a work around?
take a look here at my example (click on the "local search" button in the toolbar above the map, do a search and you'll see what happens):
http://www.mysticaldymensions.com/gmaps/

also, are there examples of how to do the "loading" message with a greyed out background while the site loads?

any help would be greatly appreciated

catacaustic
9 Dec 2007, 10:38 PM
That's a pretty good implementation there. The only issue that I can see is that the search results are coming up over the map without any background underneath them? If that's not the problem, let me know.

If that is the problem it's pretty easy to fix I think. You will need to set a CSS style for the list. There's a lot of different styles in there (just one example is gmls-results-table) so it could take a while to figure out. If you don't know, get Firebug and use that. It'll give you all the info you need about the CSS classes that are there.

snobrdinrtiste
9 Dec 2007, 11:33 PM
yeah my problem is that the search results do not have a background but also ... they're missing the marker icons, etc
also, that search results list is automatically generated by google's api... so i have no control over it (i think...???)

here's a link to the google local search page:
http://www.google.com/uds/solutions/localsearch/index.html

you can see the correct implementation on that sample page

i'm thinking that i might have to move the search results back to the "search results" tab and apply an inline style just to that div and see what happens.

snobrdinrtiste
10 Dec 2007, 3:48 PM
ahhh... i'm so stupid.... turns out that i forgot to include the google local search css into my page... its working flawlessly now!

thanks for replying catacaustic

now i gotta learn how to do the "loader" for the page
anyone know of any examples?