PDA

View Full Version : Can I open more than one project in Animator at the same time on my Mac?

teresa12
13 May 2012, 8:45 AM
Hi,
I'm finding a way to open more than one project in Animator at the same time on my Mac. Does anybody know how to do that in Animator? I couldn't find any option for me to open two or more projects in Animator.

arnebech
14 May 2012, 4:22 PM
Currently, Animator can open one project at a time. We definitely have this in our backlog. In the meantime is there anything particular your are trying to accomplish by opening two projects? (e.g. copying objects).

teresa12
14 May 2012, 4:27 PM
Yes, I sometimes want to copy objects or to compare the animations of two projects to learn.

arnebech
14 May 2012, 4:37 PM
So comparing projects is going to be pretty hard without being able to open two projects at the same time, but you can copy objects between projects. Just open up the first projects select the object (base state - not the keyframe), copy the object, open the second project without closing animator and then you should be able to paste it.

teresa12
14 May 2012, 4:54 PM
Thanks Arnebech. For copying, that can be done, but it would be more convenient if we can have two or more projects opened at the same time so we don't have to close one project and then open the other. Hope that Animator will have this option in the future.

jasperraff
27 May 2012, 6:37 PM
Would it be possible to open 2 projetcs if I were to use 2 monitors at the same time? Thanks!

arnebech
29 May 2012, 7:08 AM
Would it be possible to open 2 projetcs if I were to use 2 monitors at the same time? Thanks!

No, at the moment it is limited to one window.

ninhtran
31 May 2012, 8:30 PM
Oh, I think I can't help you because I used Windows!