PDA

View Full Version : Any one else having cross browser issues?

rclifton
21 May 2012, 11:00 AM
Using ExtJS 4.1, I have a single screen that I'm making as a prototype to see if we want to move forward with Sencha. It's got a header/footer and a tab panel in the middle. Without doing any of my own styling, just using out-of-the-box Sencha, it looks different in every single browser.
In Mac Firefox it looks the best, in Win 7 Chrome it's like all the pixels are twice as big (the widgets don't fit), on Windows 7 Firefox it looks ok, but some text/images are bunched up together whereas they aren't on Mac.

TLDR; this is going to be a hard sell if the out-of-the-box styling on a relatively simple page looks different on every browser. Isn't part of the reason to use a framework like this is that they take care of issues like this? Has anyone else had similar experiences? If so, is there a solution other than having my designers write custom code for every browser?

thanks.

evant
21 May 2012, 3:07 PM
If you look at the examples that come with the SDK, they are all written with ExtJS components. I can think of only 1 or 2 cases where browser specific styling is required. You might want to post an example of your simple page, it could be a problem with how you're constructing it.