PDA

View Full Version : Need help with SDK for Deployment

mice-pace
23 May 2012, 8:49 PM
Hello everyone, i could use some help making a custom build and minifying using the SDK

I'm new to Ext JS, but not to programming so once i'd downloaded it i rifled through the examples and fairly quickly put together something that did exactly what i wanted, drawing all the classes from ext-debug. It runs fine, there aren't any actual problems with the code, but since it isn't minified and loads the entire library it's far from fast.

Since i lept in boots and all i'm not quite sure how to backtrack and set everything up so that i can use the SDK to make a custom build with only the (few) classes i need and minify everything so it runs faster.

Is there any chance someone can step me through what i've gotta do right from the beginning like the hasty fool i am, so i can still use the code i wrote but build a new class library for it and minify the pair of them? Best to assume i've done nothing besides writing the code (or more accurately, probably done it wrong, lol)

mitchellsimoens
25 May 2012, 12:22 PM
Have you seen this? http://www.sencha.com/blog/countdown-to-ext-js-4-dynamic-loading-and-new-class-system

mice-pace
27 May 2012, 5:42 PM
I have now... although i'm struggling to see how that helps with what i'm asking. Hm.

Perhaps i phrased it wrong, using the word class or load when i shouldn't have, i don't know. All my code does is create 2 toolbars, some actions and a DatePicker. I was under the impression Ext-debug you insert via the HTML has the code for all the types of objects i might need to create (in a readable, and therefore debuggable format) but the SDK gives you the option to create a different *.js containing only the ones you need and nothing else.

If my above assumption is incorrect and i need to always include one of the core files that's one less thing to worry about, but i'm still not sure how i can use the SDK to minify my code