PDA

View Full Version : Content panel tab line up

bidyut
14 Feb 2007, 2:38 PM
Currently, if I keep adding panels, then the tabs are lined up (either top or bottom). If I have like 10 tabs, then they would line up in a straight line. That means many of the tabs won't be visible until I pull the slider to the right. Is there a way, the tabs can stack instead of lining up in a stratight line?

Thanks
Bidyut

para
20 Jun 2007, 9:24 AM
bidyut, sorry to drag up an old post, but did you ever find a solution for this?
I think it may involve rewriting parts of the rendering of the tabs.
I'm interested in the same thing if you figured it out.

tryanDLS
20 Jun 2007, 10:05 AM
I think there's something in Examples to handle more tabs than there is space for.

para
20 Jun 2007, 11:09 AM
Yeah, I saw the tabPanel config option of 'resizeTabs'. With that, all the tabs you have will resize to the same size (or max width) until they are unreadable and start extending over the boundaries. (keep clicking "Add new tab").
I'm thinking about rewriting TabPanel so you can denote how many layers of tabs you want. That way you will be able to simulate the way Windows does dialogs with many tabs.
We'll see... it may take a while and it may be a while before I start.

tryanDLS
20 Jun 2007, 11:19 AM
I think you're looking at the wrong thing - I meant the Examples forum. Try this (http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6222&highlight=Tabs).

para
20 Jun 2007, 11:38 AM
Gotcha. Seems to work pretty well.
Animal's an animal. (and his avatar is intimidating) :)
I may end up waiting until 2.0 and then writing my own stacked tabs thing. We'll see.
Any idea on when 2.0 (or the next major release) is arriving?