PDA

View Full Version : uneditable html inputs

Lester Burlap
14 Jan 2008, 12:08 PM
Howdy:

We're seeing a very strange, unreproducible problem, completely at random: html <input> tags are disabled & uneditable. It's not like having the disabled or readonly attribute set -- the field is completely uneditable and unhighlightable. Selects and checkboxes work fine. Refreshing the page solves the problem. This seems to mostly be happening in IE6.

Has anyone else ever seen anything like this happening at random? I have been unable to find any similar problems in this forum or elsewhere on the Internet.

We are using input css adapted from the Ext 1.x css classes for inputs:

input {
background:#DDDDDD url(images/input-bg.gif) repeat-x scroll 0pt 50%;
border:1px solid #AAAAAA;
padding:1px 3px;
font-size:11px;
font-size-adjust:none;
font-stretch:normal;
font-style:normal;
font-variant:normal;
font-weight:normal;
line-height:normal;
vertical-align:middle;
margin:0pt;
}

Thanks for any input on this problem (har har har)...

LB

RWaters
15 Jan 2008, 5:20 PM
CSS should not have an impact on the field becoming disabled. Take a look at the source of the page when the problem happens. Without being able to reproduce the problem I'm not sure anyone can help much.

Lester Burlap
16 Jan 2008, 2:19 PM
Thanks for your response... Yeah, the unreproducibility makes this mind-numbing. It is happening on about five different computers running IE6 in our QA department, but completely randomly. No-one can find a repeatable sequence of events to make it happen. I'm starting to think it's an IE6 bug.

One weird thing is that the browser's Auto-Complete drop down will still work for the input and you can change the Input's value to some value you previously entered in the form. But you can't edit the text of it at all. Also, if I completely re-render & replace the HTML Input via Ajax (but not refresh the whole DOM), it still doesn't work. Only refreshing the whole page clears up the problem.

Good times...

Lester B.

Lester Burlap
16 Jan 2008, 4:05 PM
I'm forcing an onclick listener focus() on each input element. I'll post back here if it does any good... for posterity at least...

Ext.select('input').on('click', function(e){
Ext.get(e.target).focus();
});

LB

chulio3000
27 Nov 2008, 4:02 AM
Hi I've got exactly the same problem and am desperately seraching for an answer- did the above work? or did you fine any other fix?

Thanks!