PDA

View Full Version : HBOX layout issue - within old style frameset, hbox expanded to be very large

paultorben
26 Jul 2012, 11:52 AM
I'm trying to use an HBOX layout, with a VBOX layout (all within an oldstyle frameset) - but the left hand part of the HBOX is expanding to be very very large, as shown in these images:
- first image is left hand side of hbox container, showing frame (far left) menu system (to be removed, but can't right now) and right hand frame showing EXTjs container, the top is the vbox with a form, the bottom of the vbox contains the hbox
- second image is when i use the scroll bar, that is in the bottom of the lower vbox, which contains the hbox, which contains a grid (which seems to be causing the issue) and a form on the far far right.

I have done some searching, but haven't come across any related posts - is this a known issue?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

scottmartin
26 Jul 2012, 12:23 PM
You screen is very wide, so it hard to tell if this is by design, or you have a wide screen.
Are you using a viewport? or a large panel with a width?

You should be able to perform what you want if setup correctly.

Can you provide a better screen or a small working test case of your layout for this?
It will be hard to correct this based on your blurred screens and not knowing your layout.

Scott.

paultorben
26 Jul 2012, 1:08 PM
Yes I work on large monitors, but I think the example I've shown illustrates the issue perfectly. The problem is the lower portion of my vbox, which contains an hbox, with two areas inside (grid on left, form on right), has a huge area for the grid portion, and make me scroll very very far to the right to see the form.

There are no width explicitly being set (so no width: 400) - I would have expected that both the grid and the form would have been visible.

My quick question is - have there been any reported issue using extjs with oldstyle framesets?

If not, then I will try to come up with a simple code example ...

Thanks!

scottmartin
26 Jul 2012, 1:21 PM
have there been any reported issue using extjs with oldstyle framesets?

Not that I am aware of.

Scott.