PDA

View Full Version : IE6 Nonsecure items message for SSL



vtswingkid
19 Feb 2007, 9:04 AM
This creates the IE6 nonsecure items message.



<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<script type='text/javascript' src='ext/yui-utilities.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='ext/ext-all.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript'>
Ext.SSL_SECURE_URL="/ext/resources/images/default/s.gif";
Ext.BLANK_IMAGE_URL="/ext/resources/images/default/s.gif";
</script>
</head>
<body></body>
</html>



Ext.SSL_SECURE_URL and Ext.BLANK_IMAGE_URL are both referenced several other places within ext-all.js before they can be reconfigured.
Maybe a pre configuration option could be offered. That might be easiest.
Or is there a new way to override these values?

jack.slocum
19 Feb 2007, 11:19 AM
Ext.SSL_SECURE_URL shouldn't be an image, it should be a blank file.

Ah I know the problem. I will get a patch shortly.

jack.slocum
19 Feb 2007, 11:30 AM
I put up a new zip, please let me know if that fixes it for you. If not, there's one other thing I can try.

You will still need to set up your secure URL, but the image file should be fine since it will only be used for iframes.

vtswingkid
19 Feb 2007, 11:48 AM
Excellent work!

Fixed!!!

MacBaer
15 Jun 2007, 7:02 AM
Hello!

My name is Michael and I am new to this forum - if I misplaced this post in error, please accept my apologies :">

I'm currently working on a GWT project - however, for UI reason (must have a grid with fixed headers and overflow scroll and sortable headers) I'm tempted to use Ext Library. I've adapted the GWT wrapper which covers yui-ext 0.33 so far to run the 1.01a Ext library. Apart from other problems that I've fixed rather by luck than by brains** I encounter the "nonsecure items" problem using IE over https. I've tried every hint that has been posted here but to no avail. Switching to Firefox is not (yet) an option due to layout problems with that browser which I have not yet solved. The application I'm working on needs to be accessed through https so falling back to http is not an option either. I'm willing to put significant effort into tracing down the problem, but I don't know where to start. IE 6 doesn't make it easy to debug this kind of things. Is there something like Firebug for IE as well? Or better, a fix to this little problem?

Kind regards,
Michael

** wrapping the Ext in GWT seems to affect the "xyz instanceof Array" test - resulting in "false" where in fact xyz _is_ an Array. This is used exensively in Ext and I replaced every occurance with "typeof(xyz.sort)=='function'". Seems to be working.

indulgence
15 Jun 2007, 7:26 AM
Visual Studio can attach to Internet Explorer for Script Debugging... and is quite handy at it, assuming you only want to trace javascript problems....

mystix
15 Jun 2007, 8:44 AM
tried the microsoft script debugger? it's free and works with IE.

MacBaer
15 Jun 2007, 10:51 AM
tried the microsoft script debugger? it's free and works with IE.

Hmm...I had it pop up one or two times on javascript errors - don't know how to invoke it beforehand - the last two errors or so did not invoke the script debugger. I should probably check microsoft.com for a download.

Kind regards
Michael

tryanDLS
15 Jun 2007, 11:50 AM
EDIT: renamed thread as it's no longer applicable to an old Alpha release.

There are other threads regarding debuggers - please post questions in the appropriate place.

MacBaer
16 Jun 2007, 12:20 AM
Thanks for the hint - my interest in the debugger is secondary - I still think I have a problem originating from the Ext library - IE 6 warning about mixed content over https connections - that could either be fixed by a hint from the author, a fixed version or DIY bug busting using a debugger. I did not want to start a thread that deals with debuggers or debugging.


Kind regards
Michael

MacBaer
9 Jul 2007, 2:55 AM
Hello everybody,

I'm sorry to say that I have mistakenly held the Ext Lib responsible for issueing the mixed content warning by IE when using a https connection. As I mentioned before, I'm trying to integrate the Ext with GWT (with Alistair Rutherford's work as a starting point). It's the GWT 1.4.10 DisclosurePanel that is generating this error (probably coming from ImageBundle, for those of you into GWT development).

So far for GWT and the Ext liaison - more on my Ext stand alone experience in a different post.

Thanks to all of those who have replied to my original post and pointed me to the MS Script Debugger (which is somewhat awful, by the way).

Kind regards
Michael

buzz
10 Jul 2007, 2:05 AM
Check out http://code.google.com/p/gwt-ext

Its a GWT bridge for Ext 1.1b2 and its a lot more complete. I started looking into it yesterday and it looks very promising