PDA

View Full Version : Problem Migrating from Extjs 3 to Extjs4

Himansu
9 Aug 2012, 10:12 PM
Uncaught Error: Ext. Loader is not enabled, so dependencies cannot be resolved dynamically. Missing required
class:Ext.app.Portlet ext-all-debug.js:5790
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '$isClass' of undefined ext-all-debug.js:189
Uncaught TypeError: Object #<Object> has no method 'initWindow' Index:779
Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function Index:655
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'prototype' of undefined all-classes.js:59

scottmartin
13 Aug 2012, 8:59 AM
What steps have you taken to migrate? Did you simply try to run your Ext3 code in Ext4?

Scott.

Himansu
14 Aug 2012, 1:57 AM
Hi ,

we are trying to replace extjs3 files ,extjs4 files and with extjs4 controls together.

Thanks in advance

scottmartin
14 Aug 2012, 6:18 AM
This is a very difficult question to answer, as each instance is unique. Having said that, I have converted several apps and and it has it's challenges.

My approach was take the migration app:
http://cdn.sencha.io/ext-3-to-4-migration-pack.zip

I simply gutted the forms (edit controls, etc) from the project ... I basically made it a shell ... and then start placing the the form code from my V3 app.

This allowed my to follow the new API of the V4 and quickly get things up and running. You will have to take into consideration that you may have a unique layout for your application and this may not be an option, or you may help a bit.

You also need to consider if you want to follow the MVC approach or not. The migration app separates the code very nicely, but it is not using the full MVC pattern. This is a personal choice for your project.

You an always perform the migration of your app using the steps provided in the tutorial, but my thought is try and start clean as possible and use the new API conventions as much as possible. Same premise as when you upgrade your OS. I prefer to format and install the new OS vs upgrading and carrying any artifacts from the previous version. This is a preference.

Regards,
Scott.