PDA

View Full Version : jQuery and YUI-ext

kokoglen
19 Feb 2007, 5:05 PM
Jack,
I didn't see any mention of this elsewhere on your blog/forums.
http://jquery.com/blog/2007/02/19/jquery-and-jack-slocums-ext

I feel like a reporter. Any comments Mr. Slocum? ;)

Imagine me looking like this: http://www.cybercodeur.net/weblog/presentations/seybold/images/reporter.gif

Bobafart
19 Feb 2007, 5:18 PM
wow, that is huge news..

EXT is now integrated with Yahoo UI AND JQuery.. amazing..

ReyBango
19 Feb 2007, 5:54 PM
Yep, we're extremely excited to be working with the Ext team. Ext has consistently offered world class UI components and it will be great to leverage those via jQuery.

Look forward to working with you guys.

Rey Bango
Head of Evangelism
jQuery Project Team

JohnResig
19 Feb 2007, 6:10 PM
Hey everyone - we're really excited about being able to work with you guys. Jack and I have been talking together for a while now (long phone calls and many IMs). Up until this point, it's been mostly preperation/planning - but now we're starting to move into the development phase, getting ready for the final 1.0 release. (We'll see if we finish the work in time for one of the beta releases.)

I'm sure Jack will be by soon, he's been understandably busy, lately. :wink:

xsokev
19 Feb 2007, 7:53 PM
I love it! I have been using jQuery extensively and I just recently incorporated Ext into my existing jQuery projects. To know that they will be integrating is a dream come true.

Thanks for all the great work.

jack.slocum
19 Feb 2007, 7:57 PM
I will be making making a blog post about this soon. It is going to be great for everyone!

rogers_reilly
20 Feb 2007, 8:16 AM
I remember there was a mention of Drop 'n' Drag still needing to come from YUI ... has that changed? Will JQuery + Ext do DnD on its own?

jack.slocum
20 Feb 2007, 8:23 AM
Ext will be adopting a refactored YUI DND. It may make sense to create a new DD implementation eventually to save the need for all the workarounds when using the YUI DD in target mode.

manugoel2003
20 Feb 2007, 9:06 AM
****ing good !!!!!!!!!! .... what you guys upto huh?!! .... you'r gonna kill the desktop app market :D.... three cheers (too bad there's no beer mug in the emoticons :D)

jack.slocum
20 Feb 2007, 9:45 AM
Here you go. :)

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif

Animal
21 Feb 2007, 3:26 AM
Good news about perhaps dropping the upside down, heavyweight YUI DnD.

A good idea to partner with another innovative, fast-moving javascript team - I think that will work well.

Where does this "merger" leave the DomQuery engine that you worked so hard to tune Jack? Will some of your carefully honed code be incorporated in the new jQuery engine, and the DomQuery class go away?

jack.slocum
21 Feb 2007, 8:52 AM
Ext will continue to use DomQuery. jQuery will be offering an option to use the DomQuery engine. The whole jQuery team has been fantastic and this should be great for everyone.

YUI will still be supported, there will just be a nice bridge API for interaction with a base lib.

Frank
21 Feb 2007, 5:38 PM
It's really hopfully that new Ext will keep the Jack's style of written JS.
So far, I still enjoy the code from Jack's DEMO 8)