PDA

View Full Version : Toolbars in SA

rbraddy
15 Aug 2012, 9:09 PM
I've been trying to figure out how to incorporate toolbars into an SA project. I must just be missing something fundamental. When I drag a toolbar into the SA project, it acts as a standalone view. I want a toolbar panel above my grid, which is contained within a vbox layout. One would think I could just drag the toolbar into the vbox and it would take its place, but no...

I've seen some references to "docking", but there are no docking options available (perhaps that was available in Designer?)

What am I missing about how to incorporate toolbars properly in SA so they either sit at the top of a panel, above a grid or a list?

Thanks
Rick

rbraddy
16 Aug 2012, 4:46 AM
Upon further research of ExtJS 4.1 SDK, it seems what I'm looking for is "tbar", "bbar", etc., but those don't appear to be present in Sencha Architect.

Is there a working, simple example or step-by-step process for adding a simple toolbar to a grid panel (or any other panel) using Sencha Architect 2.1?

Thanks in advance.
Rick

ssamayoa
16 Aug 2012, 5:21 AM
Drop the toolbar OVER the grid:

rbraddy
16 Aug 2012, 6:00 AM
Doh *&%! Perfect - that worked! Thank you.

Problem was, I was using the "Button Group" in the "Buttons" toolbox (which is labelled "Toolbar"!!) when I should've been using the actual "Toolbar" object, which is in "Containers".

How about putting the "Toolbar" class in the "Buttons" category under "Toolbars" (SA usability issue)

Appreciate the help.