PDA

View Full Version : How to convert .xds from ext designer 1.x to sencha architect 2.x

elgs
19 Aug 2012, 10:31 PM
I'm a user of both ext designer 1.x and sencha architect 2.x. I have a large project previously written by ext designer 1.x with a dozen of .xds projects files. Now I upgraded my project to sencha architect 2.1 together with extjs 4.1.1. The problem is the sencha architect 2.1 does not seem to be able to open my .xds files created by ext designer 1.x. I have manually migrated one, but it's a bit painful to migration all my .xds files. So is there a way to upgrade my old .xds files? By the way, I don't mind doing some manual modifications of the event handler code if necessary.

Regards,
Elgs

dougboyd
26 Nov 2012, 1:45 PM
Hi

I'm in the same camp as Elgs...I've got a project designed in Ext Designer 1.23, built on ExtJs 4.0.7. I've just started the migration path to ExtJs 4.1.1a and found that Ext Designer is no longer even listed on the products list. Fine - I'll migrate to Architect; except when I try to open my xds file, I get a Not Supported error.

Please tell me that I have an option other than rebuilding the app (about 45 xds files) into a new front end.

ta

Doug

aconran
26 Nov 2012, 2:22 PM
Sencha Architect should open Ext Designer projects and migrate them automatically. (The exception being if they target Ext JS 3.x.)

If you have an example of a case where that is not happening, please send us the sample .xds file to architect.feedback at sencha.com and link this thread and we will fix it.

Thanks,

elgs
26 Nov 2012, 3:01 PM
I have sent an email with a few screenshots and the sample xds file targeting Extjs 4.0.x created by Ext designer 1.x, but cannot be opened by Sencha Architect.

dougboyd
26 Nov 2012, 3:15 PM
Hi Aaron

As per your email, I've just sent an XDS file attached to an email. Mate, I appreciate your assistance.

Cheers

DCB

aconran
26 Nov 2012, 3:32 PM
elgs & dougboyd -

You are right. We've found the same bug in both of your projects (on our end).

If you open up the .xds files and change the "xdsVersion" from "1.2.3" to "1.2.2" it will open and upgrade your project.

We're sorry for the bug, basically we maintain a list of older supported versions and when 1.2.3 was released it wasn't added to the list. :-/

Doing this I've been able to open both of your projects.

elgs
26 Nov 2012, 3:42 PM
Hi Aconran,

I confirm it works here.

Thanks,
Elgs

dougboyd
26 Nov 2012, 4:02 PM
Hi Aaron

I'll confirm and say thank you for your quick response.

Cheers

DCB

jose_carlos
11 Apr 2013, 4:57 AM
Sorry if there are any mistakes in my English, but it is not my native language.
Well, the problem I'm having is related to open the file generated by Sencha app.html Architetc directly in a browser. When I open the file does not give any error, but the screen does not load. This occurred after making the migration to Sencha Ext Designer Architetc 2. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

aconran
11 Apr 2013, 6:37 AM
Sorry if there are any mistakes in my English, but it is not my native language.
Well, the problem I'm having is related to open the file generated by Sencha app.html Architetc directly in a browser. When I open the file does not give any error, but the screen does not load. This occurred after making the migration to Sencha Ext Designer Architetc 2. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

Make sure you have the debug config checked on Library and that you are opening the file in the browser over an http connection (not the file system).

jose_carlos
11 Apr 2013, 6:43 AM
I mean that within the file system does not work, even though an html file by importing a java script?

aconran
11 Apr 2013, 6:44 AM
I mean that within the file system does not work, even though an html file by importing a java script?

Are you accessing the project via http:// ? You need to be serving it via a webserver.

jose_carlos
11 Apr 2013, 6:48 AM
Sorry, but I'm new with using Sencha tools. So, despite being only use as an html file with javascript, I still need to use a Web server for the code to run properly?

aconran
11 Apr 2013, 7:08 AM
Sorry, but I'm new with using Sencha tools. So, despite being only use as an html file with javascript, I still need to use a Web server for the code to run properly?

Yes, primarily because if the library needs to dynamically load some class/javascript code it will use an XHR. These aren't allowed to hit the filesystem for security reasons.

jose_carlos
11 Apr 2013, 9:03 AM
Right. I get it. The problem is that even running on a local Web server window does not load. Do you know if there is anything else that would prevent this code work?

jose_carlos
11 Apr 2013, 9:21 AM
You can disregard my last comment. The error in this case was me. Lacked establish a method in the code that carried the screen as the show (). After entering this code window loaded correctly. Thank you for your help and for the clarifications.