PDA

View Full Version : Grid in Tab Panel Does Not Produce Horizontal Scrollbar

V433408
20 Aug 2012, 12:53 PM
Hello,

I've created a viewport with a tab panel that created and adds a new tab based on a navigation tree action. Usually, the new tab contains a grid with dynamic columns. In other words, my JSON data received contains metaData which then reconfigures the grid to show the proper columns.

I got everything working, the paging toolbar and the grid is displayed. However, the columns appear squished up. Since the columns of the grid are decided through metaData, I can't create a grid with pre-determined columns. The metaData contains the column info AND they are all set to "flex:1". If there are too many columns in one list for example, the columns get even more squished together.

This is what I'm talking about:

So, instead of expanding the "size" of the tab, it just squishes everything to fit that window. From what I'm understanding, scrolling is automatic and it is. I have autoScroll: true and if I have too many tickets, it will produce a vertical scrollbar.

If I RESIZE the browser window, the horizontal scrollbar appears, but it still shows the columns all squished up.

Why is this happening? I have tried searching for answers but nothing really concrete has come up. Can a tab with a grid adjust itself so that if the the fully expanded column headers don't fit on the viewing area, it adds a horizontal scrollbar that allows us to see the remaining columns?

scottmartin
20 Aug 2012, 1:03 PM
The grid is a panel. Are you creating a panel and then adding a grid to that panel, or are you adding the grid as the panel? You should perform the latter.

You will need to show some code if this does not help.

Scott.