PDA

View Full Version : Registration Server down?

Bassanio Kum
20 Aug 2012, 6:55 PM
Today reinstall Sencha Architect 2.1 on a Win7x64 machine, it said Unable to establish Internet connection......, of course it is Internet connected or else how could I type this message? :D

Is the registration server down? Please check. Thanks!

hamzafidbs
20 Aug 2012, 7:07 PM
I am trying to active my trial copy of Sencha Architect too, keep hitting into a communication error has occurred. Please check urgently.

thesilentman
21 Aug 2012, 1:15 AM
Hmm, my SA today needs a long time to startup, I guess it's timing out, checking for an update, for the same reason...

Phil.Strong
21 Aug 2012, 9:02 AM
Let's try to get to the bottom of this.

1st give me more details about OS, firewalls, proxies etc ...

http://animator.sencha.com/api/d/connection/connection.php is our connection check it should return -- {"success":true,"msg":"working"}

I'm pulling logs on all of the servers (clustered) so I'll let you know what I find there.

thesilentman
21 Aug 2012, 9:53 AM
Hi Phil,

Just wanted to let you know, after a reboot (W7Pro/64) SA started up quickly asked me to update to the latest version and I have had no issues since then.
Though I am not sure if this was a coincidence o there was indeed something wrong. The SA version having the issue was the first production release of 2.1 (Build 284 I think). Now I am on Build 288 with no issues.

Bassanio Kum
21 Aug 2012, 7:24 PM
Let's try to get to the bottom of this.

1st give me more details about OS, firewalls, proxies etc ...

http://animator.sencha.com/api/d/connection/connection.php is our connection check it should return -- {"success":true,"msg":"working"}

I'm pulling logs on all of the servers (clustered) so I'll let you know what I find there.

The link you given did return {"success":true,"msg":"working"}, no problem.

I still could not register and use SA :((

I then tried to install an older version "SenchaArchitect-2.0.0.000442.exe", but same problem, "Unable to establish connection to begin software registration"

It is Windows 7 x64 SP1, don't use proxy. Help please!

(Just checked, the SA 2.1 of Mac version works properly, though)

Bassanio Kum
22 Aug 2012, 9:13 AM
Problem solved. Just dunno why this happened:-

In the beginning my computer used intranet-only IP and therefore IE had proxy set. Later my computer changed to use IP which can access internet but I forget to remove the IE proxy settings. Safari and Chrome could access Internet without Proxy settings.

Just dunno why and how this forgot-to-remove IE proxy settings affected SA registration.

Phil.Strong
23 Aug 2012, 8:37 AM
I'm glad you got it working.