PDA

View Full Version : Examples of apps with multiple screens

RobertGary1
21 Aug 2012, 9:22 AM
I'm converting over an application that has hundreds of non-linear navigated screens. In the examples with extJS I find everything is either in a single screen or the application is small and the screens are placed in a simple card layout. I"m looking for an example of what to do when the user clicks a button that should result is a total change of the screen. Do I need to manually tear down what is currently on the screen first? This is not a wizard (next, previous) situation, I need to be able to jump to screens in any order. I expect to have several hundred of them in total. This is an existing application ported from Swing.

-Robert

scottmartin
21 Aug 2012, 10:09 AM
Do you want tabs to each new screen? How do you want to handle previous screens that are open?

Scott.

RobertGary1
21 Aug 2012, 10:22 AM
No tabs, just forget the previous screens. So perhaps the user is on a main screen and clicks on the "update my preferences" button. The screen would then go to that screen (replace the existing screen). Then the user may choose to go to some detail screens required by the application, etc. In total there are approximately 300 distinct screens.

scottmartin
26 Aug 2012, 5:57 PM
Here are some comments from other users regarding this topic:
http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?130449

There are several theories on this subject.

If this does not help ... or need more input, please report back.

Scott.