PDA

View Full Version : Sort dataview by traversing model associations

putnam.joel
1 Oct 2012, 12:49 PM
I am attempting to sort and filter a store within a DataView. Sorting and filtering is dependent on the user making selections within a separate view.

The model for the DataView is generated from a cakephp framework using the Bancha Plugin. I have been able to confirm that all of the associations are setup exactly as the tables in the database and I can load, view and sort individual models. I am now stuck traversing any of the associations between the models.

The overview is this:
Project Store - loaded from Project Model and inserted into the Dataview. Records contain only the project name and keys to other tables that hold relevant information.

My issue is that I need to sort based on the keyed information. I am guessing I need to generate a store with all of the information contain within?

skirtle
1 Oct 2012, 1:29 PM
Local sorting or remote sorting?

For local sorting it should be pretty easy to sort based on associations. While most sorting is done on a field within the record there no reason why it has to be, you can pass an arbitrary sort function. As you say, you'll need all the associations pre-loaded for the records in your store, otherwise the sort function won't be able to access them.

Remote sorting is a totally different kettle of fish but from what you've said it doesn't sound like that's what you want.

putnam.joel
1 Oct 2012, 1:56 PM
Thanks for your reply. I was beginning to think I might be moving down the wrong path. I would rather not have to do any remote sorting or filtering. Is there any examples out there that outline this? I have been unable to locate anything with respect to associations other than complaints on forums and the example example of returning a single record in the documentation. (user posts comments)

Thanks again.

skirtle
2 Oct 2012, 3:15 AM
Here's a contrived example that covers the key areas. In practice you wouldn't usually bother to use associations for something this simple, you'd just use a mapping to flatten the data into a single model.

Ext.define('MyApp.model.Address', {
extend: 'Ext.data.Model',
fields: ['country'],

getCountry: function() {
return this.get('country');
}
});

Ext.define('MyApp.model.User', {
extend: 'Ext.data.Model',
fields: ['name'],

hasOne: {
associationKey: 'address',