View Full Version : ExtJS 4.0.2a CellEditing in Grid with actioncolumn

10 Oct 2012, 10:45 PM
Hy there,

i have a grid with 2 columns (1 text-col & 1 action-col) with cell-editing enabled for the text-col. The action-col contains a button which should open an extended editor on click.

This is working in principle but i just discovered that it is not working if the cell-editor is open, the user already changed the value of the editor and clicks on the action-button (the cell-editor is closed but the click-handler of the action-button is not called).

If the user just opens the cell-editor and clicks on the action-button without changing the value of the editor or just clicks on the button without an open editor at all, everything is working as expected...

Working example: http://jsfiddle.net/4tp7M/

Ext.onReady(function() {
var grid, store;

store = Ext.create('Ext.data.Store', {
fields: ['name'],
data: { 'items': [
{ 'name': 'Lisa' },
{ 'name': 'Bart' },
{ 'name': 'Maggie' },
{ 'name': 'Homer' },
{ 'name': 'Marge' }
proxy: {
type: 'memory',
reader: {
type: 'json',
root: 'items'

grid = Ext.create('Ext.grid.Panel', {
title: 'grid',
width: 200,
height: 200,

store: store,

columns: [{
header: 'Name',
dataIndex: 'name',
flex: 1,
field: 'textfield'
xtype: 'actioncolumn',
width: 20,
align: 'right',
items: [{
iconCls: 'add-trigger',
handler: function() {
alert('Action column pressed!');

plugins: [
Ext.create('Ext.grid.plugin.CellEditing', {
clicksToEdit: 1

renderTo: Ext.getBody()

This is working with ExtJS 4.1.1 as you can see in my second working example (same code, only different framework-version): http://jsfiddle.net/4tp7M/1/

My first guess would be that any method that handles the blur-event of the editor just stops the click-event from bubbling and therefore the handler of the action-button is not called but i just can't find the right place...

Unfortunately i cannot change the framework by now so i need a fix for this in 4.0.2a and would really appreciate if someone could help me out with this or at least point me in the right direction.

11 Oct 2012, 9:19 AM
Duplicate thread:

11 Oct 2012, 3:04 PM
I know that the test-case is the same in both threads, but the issue isn't. Before opening this thread i thought about posting both questions in one thread but decided against it because i made the experience that it's more likely to get an answer if the question isn't too complexe and asking 2 questions in 1 thread obviously makes it more complex...

Therefore i really don't think that this is a duplicate and would appreciate any help!

17 Jan 2013, 8:04 AM
We are having the exact same issue - did you ever find a solution?

We are using 4.1.1.

Edit: Our issue is slightly different in that we have two text field columns, rather than an action column, but the behaviour is the same - the blur event is swallowing the mouse click instead of focusing the other text field when you click on it.

18 Jan 2013, 12:03 AM
The "solution" for me was to update the framework from 4.0.2a to 4.1.1. Sorry that I can't help no more but I'd suggest you to open a new thread and maybe asking the same question on stackoverflow if nobody can help you here within a few days...