PDA

View Full Version : No Errors, and No page displayed

g.raghuvamshi
22 Oct 2012, 3:50 AM
Hi,

I migrated my application ExtJS version from 3.4 to 4.1.1.

I modified almost all .js files with the new classes (like instead of Ext.Button used Ext.button.Button etc.), removed all .namespaces(), modified Ext.extend to Ext.define, removed all superclass constructor calls and placed 'this.callParent(arguments) and few more.

After that no errors displayed either in Firebug or in Developer tools (chrome) and more over no page is displayed.

I used Fiddler to see the request breakages and find no clues.

Could anyone have any idea on where exactly do I need to focus to find out the issues for not loading the page..???

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Raghu

scottmartin
22 Oct 2012, 8:35 AM
I would start by looking for syntax errors in your code .. missing/extra commas, etc.
Do you have an editor that will display this info for you?

Also check for missing libraries .. using ext-dev instead of ext/ext-all and check the console for warnings.

Scott.

g.raghuvamshi
25 Oct 2012, 1:51 AM
Hi Scott,

I used 'JSLint' plug-in in Eclipse for syntax errors like missing/extra commas but no use.

Do you prefer any other edit tool for ExtJS?

and I also tried placing 'ext-dev.js' instead of ext-all.js but I did not see any warnings also.

Please suggest further..

Thank you,
Raghu

desp
25 Oct 2012, 3:01 AM
You allways get javascript syntax error in any major browser. Check all your classes names in Ext.define('MyApp.controller.Class') and other your own defines. Check all this.callParent(arguments) I guess it should be last called after your own code.

desp
25 Oct 2012, 3:05 AM
Also you can try debug only one controller and step-by-step add more controllers in your bootstrap.

scottmartin
25 Oct 2012, 4:08 AM
I personally use PHPStorm as my editor. It has an excellent syntax checker.
You can also use Aptana 3 and they have a plugin that I hear is good.

Scott.