PDA

View Full Version : bug or feature in basicdialog?

martin
21 Feb 2007, 5:32 PM
BasicDialog now has a collapse button.

What's the purpose of this button with a modal dialog? Shouldn't this default to not show it in a modal situation?

How do I set it to hide? I tried collapsable:true -- just like closable:true?

Thanks...martin

Zixon
21 Feb 2007, 5:53 PM
Hi, to hide it use: collapsible:false

Belgabor
21 Feb 2007, 6:09 PM
I'd also call it a feature. In some situations it might come handy if the user can collapse the dialog to review information below it.

vajra
21 Feb 2007, 6:56 PM
I just installed the latest build, Alpha Rev8 and I noticed another bug in basic dialog. It appears that the dialog header appears to be rendered in the wrong size and the so the dialog title text is rendered incorrectly If I resize the dialog in any direction, the dialog header section seems to render the text correctly.

FYI - I am using the ytheme-gray stylesheet, and my dialog displays a complex layout with header, west and center.

Otherwise, all looks and works grear. Just wanted to let you know...

Vajra

alindsay55661
22 Feb 2007, 1:00 PM
Yes, I am getting the same issue. When the dialog first loads the title bar is only half way visible. But on any resize or drag it becomes fully visible. Not sure what is going on here.

I am using FF2.

vajra
28 Feb 2007, 7:41 PM
Use the paramater 'syncHeightBeforeShow: true' and it should resolve the problem.

Eli

jack.slocum
1 Mar 2007, 10:54 AM
Failing to provide a title on an auto-generated dialog caused the height issue. I've added a check for when you forget to pass a title. The old workaround of syncHeightOnShow will still work.

Animal
1 Mar 2007, 11:05 AM
"collapsile"

JeffHowden
1 Mar 2007, 11:45 AM
"collapsile"

"collapsible"? ;)

Animal
1 Mar 2007, 10:54 PM
It's a perfectly cromulent word! :lol: