PDA

View Full Version : Access Denied from same server with TabPanel and Treeview

winterman
30 Jan 2008, 9:10 AM
Hi all,

First post and a question! Sorry!

Just getting started with ExtJS 2.0 and hit a stumbing block..

I am using the TabPanel object and trying to retrieve data from the server for each tab. Following the example for Basic Tabs I am getting "Access is Denied" errors when trying to retrieve the tab contents from the server.

The content file is on the same server as the parent page.

This is also happening when trying to retrieve data for the Treeview.

The server is IIS and the browser is IE7, the server is configured for anonymous access and the files are accessible to Everyone.

Any ideas?

Cheers in advance

devnull
30 Jan 2008, 10:46 AM
To start off with I would highly suggest using firefox with firebug as your dev environment, it WILL save you untold amounts of time!
You need to be absolutely sure your url host exactly matches the initial page load url host when doing ajax requests. The easiest way is to use relative paths. Firebug will let you see exactly what it is trying to access, which will help.

winterman
31 Jan 2008, 1:05 AM
Thanks for that devnull..

I have run it through firefox and got the standard access denied errors from the XLR request. The project is for an IE only Intranet application (don't ask!!).

I have tried both both absolute URL's, with the sample data files I am using stored in the same directory as the requesting page, and relative urls and both are causing the problem.

The IIS server is accepting anonymous connections properly and the files are accessible.. It just has me flumoxed!

Regards
Mic

winterman
31 Jan 2008, 3:12 AM
Never mind..

Fixed it! Updated to 2.0.1 and totally cleared the cache and all is fine now..

Thanks anyway all!

devnull
31 Jan 2008, 9:00 AM
The apps I design all end up being used in IE as well, but I would shoot myself if I could only use IE to develop them! Firebug makes that much of a difference.
I do all dev work in firefox, and do testing in IE along the way.