PDA

View Full Version : GroupingStore no sort but still group

mdeneen
30 Jan 2008, 12:53 PM
remoteGroup:true, was the key!

Is it possible to use a GroupingStore enabled GridPanel such that the data is sorted when coming from the Reader, without passing "sortInfo"?

I would like the grouping, but I do not want the interface to show the sort indicator and I don't want any sorting to happen in the control.

Is this possible? If I don't pass a sortInfo config item, I get the error message "this.sortInfo has no properties" in firebug.

I was able to make it come up without the config item by sending in "groupOnSort:true", but obviously this does not group my data.

Help! :-)

mlapworth
5 Mar 2008, 10:16 AM

Is it possible to use a GroupingStore enabled GridPanel such that the data is sorted when coming from the Reader, without passing "sortInfo"?

I would like the grouping, but I do not want the interface to show the sort indicator and I don't want any sorting to happen in the control.

Is this possible? If I don't pass a sortInfo config item, I get the error message "this.sortInfo has no properties" in firebug.

I was able to make it come up without the config item by sending in "groupOnSort:true", but obviously this does not group my data.

Help! :-)
mdeneen,

The easiest way to do this is when setting up your column model, set the "sortable" property for each column to false. This will prevent the sort indicator from showing in the UI.

HTH,
Matt

J.C. Bize
3 Apr 2008, 4:51 PM

Should this config option be documented? I just wasted over an hour figuring out why we were getting "this.sortInfo has no properties" if we did not specify a sortInfo config option (we've disabled sorting altogether).

Cheers,
JC

evant
3 Apr 2008, 4:53 PM
remoteGroup (http://extjs.com/deploy/ext-2.0.2/docs/?class=Ext.data.GroupingStore&member=remoteGroup) is documented?

J.C. Bize
3 Apr 2008, 4:54 PM
remoteGroup (http://extjs.com/deploy/ext-2.0.2/docs/?class=Ext.data.GroupingStore&member=remoteGroup) is documented?

Unfortunately I noticed that just after posting. I was looking at the Ext.data.Store docs :(

Cheers,
JC

J.C. Bize
3 Apr 2008, 4:56 PM
Also, thanks for the very prompt reply!

Cheers,
JC