PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Ie8

gabrialice
30 Nov 2012, 3:24 AM
Hi!
I've done a Web desktop application with Sencha 3.4. All is working with Mozilla Firefox but I have problems with Ie8.
For example the line in ext-all.js:
if (!b.events)
{
}
with Internet Explorer gives the error 'events' is null or not an object if b is not defined , while with Firefox the if clause is true because if b is undefined, also b.events is undefined.
As a result of this my application is not working with Ie. Anyone else have this problem or knows how it can be solved?
Thanks!

willigogs
30 Nov 2012, 5:37 AM
Any errors when using IE8 and below are usually due to you having trailing commas within your code / objects.

Try and search for ",}" and ",]" throughout all your code to see if you can quickly find and fix any.

gabrialice
30 Nov 2012, 5:54 AM
Thank you for your reply!
Yes, I've already fixed some problems with commas and semicolons, but in these cases the error was something like "Missing { ...." . On the contrary now I have
"'events' is null or not an object" and the error is on ext-all.js that is a Sencha file.
So I think it's another kind of problem.

willigogs
30 Nov 2012, 5:58 AM
Incorrect closing tags or trailing commas will more than likely always fall through the code and break the ext-all.js file. It's highly unlikely that any errors exist in the EXT file, therefore I would recommend slowly debugging your own code by methodologically removing sections at a time to find where the error is being caused from.