PDA

View Full Version : Install and setup in Windows 7 -- ???

bass_idaho
11 Dec 2012, 2:45 PM
O.K., please bear with me, not a tech newbie just can't seem to get a grip on this one.

Trying to set up Sencha Touch on a Windows 7 64bit OS. I have Apache 2.2 installed and Apache is working fine.

I downloaded sencha-touch-2.1.0-commercial, extracted it and copied it into my web directory.

It's on the C root, not inside the Apache22 folder, but I don't see how that makes a difference, and I know the settings in Apache are correct for that folder, I can see the docs if I browse to:
localhost/sencha-touch-2.1.0-commercial
... I see the docs etc. just fine.

So then I download SenchaCmd-3.0.0.250-windows.exe (since that's what I want, not SDK Tools, right?) and run the installer. Tried it with a different directory and then uninstalled / reinstalled into the default directory it offers up.

Now when I go to the command line, with Apache running (and I have tried this both with and without running the command line as administrator), navigate to the ApacheWebPages/sencha-touch-2.1.0-commercial directory and type "sencha" nothing really happens.

I don't get any errors, I get a pause of about 1/2 second, and then I the command prompt comes back. Nothing else has happened. Looking through the documentation at least with the SDK Tools I was supposed to get something like:

Sencha Command v2.0.0 for Sencha Touch 2 Copyright (c) 2012 Sencha Inc. ...
... but I don't.

Any ideas? What did I miss? Something small and stupid I imagine, but can't seem
to put my finger on it.

Thanks in advance.

-- Bass

mitchellsimoens
13 Dec 2012, 6:03 AM
Did you check your PATH to see if there is one pointing to the Sencha Cmd dir? There should also be another variable that is just for Sencha Cmd

bass_idaho
13 Dec 2012, 7:26 AM
Thanks for the reply... I have this in my PATH:
C:\Users\XXXXXXXX\bin\Sencha\Cmd\3.0.0.250;

And I have a separate variable named SENCHA_CMD_3_0_0 that points to:
C:\Users\XXXXXXXX\bin/Sencha/Cmd/3.0.0.250

I don't think it's a path problem because I don't get an error when I type "sencha", it's obviously executing something, just nothing happens afterwards, it just returns me to the command prompt.

Hmm....

-- Bass