PDA

View Full Version : Ext dialogs allow access to controls behind mask

SonicBog
22 Feb 2007, 5:59 PM
I am looking at swapping over to Ext dialogs/message box instead of YUIs as they are awesome.
However, you are able to click on the mask and then use the tab key to get access to the fields on the main page (buttons). If you use the msg-box.html example, popup one of the message boxes. Click on the mask. Tab until you focus one of the other buttons and press Enter. The message box for the other button is displayed.

I need to be able to ensure that fields are not accessible.
For YUI, I have standed content panels that I call a JS function to disable. It checks to see if any standard panels exist and disables them. When the dialog is closed, another JS function does the reverse.

I assume you dialogs/message boxes are built on top of YUI and so inherit the same proble,

ethraza
23 Jun 2007, 7:17 AM
Is not the best way, but disable TAB is a solution:
ex.

dialog.addKeyListener(9, function(i,k,e){e.stopEvent()}, dialog);

manugoel2003
23 Jun 2007, 10:14 AM
yes I have confirmed it, funny I never noticed it before.... and disabling the TAB key is not a wise solution as in most cases it is a very vital key.... like if you are having a form in the dialog box, for example

KTND
27 Jun 2007, 1:26 AM
It's really a problem.
When trying to disable some columns in an EditorGrid, I add a listener for doubleclick event to stopEditing and trigger a dialog. The dialog shows successfully. However, the cell still becomes editable, and tab key could be used to edit other cells.
I could not disable it in columnModel, which will cause new record not editable.:-/

mystix
27 Jun 2007, 2:27 AM
have u tried ending the edit and focusing on the dialog when the dialog is shown?

kato
27 Jun 2007, 5:59 AM
I had the same question here: http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7964