View Full Version : Various Grid-stuff (bugs ofc)

23 Feb 2007, 3:47 AM
You're doing a great job and I look forward to a final :)

The bad news: I have some more fun for you to work with.
The good news: The bugs are getting 'smaller' (harder to find, and only generated by a specific method)

1. Autoresizing rightmost column when one or more column are locked (either by code or the contextmen)
(This is on my EditorGrid, but I guess you'll get the same on a regular grid)
- One or more of the columns are locked, either from the contextmenu or by code
- Autosizing the rightmost column (by doubleclicking on the resize-handle) gives the following error:

_eb[i].childNodes[_e6] has no properties
GridView(13, undefined)ext-all.js (line 202)
GridView(13, true, undefined)ext-all.js (line 202)
GridView(Object browserEvent=Event mouseout button=0 shiftKey=false, div.x-grid-split)ext-all.js (line 202)
EventManager(Object browserEvent=Event mouseout button=0 shiftKey=false)ext-all.js (line 20)
wrappedFn(dblclick clientX=0, clientY=0)

Unfortunately I'm not able to dig too deep in your source to find this one out (yet), and I'm not able to reproduce the error in any of your examples.
But if you think the error is on my side, please do tell and I'll do a more thorough check.

2. 'Stupid' / 'Intentional behavior' in EditorGrid ?
- EditorGrid, NumberField

When the cell is selected and not in edit-mode there is some strange behavior. If I press a key on the keyboard (ie. '1' or '6') it enters edit-mode correctly and prints in the number and lets me continue to enter numbers. However, if I hit enter or tab right away (with only one digit inside) it will revert to its original value! And why does tapping a character on my keyboard initialize the edit-mode? It seems as though the character that initializes the edit-mode dont pass through validation (character allowed) or gets buffered (reverts to original value) by the editor.

(I can make some examples of both if you want)

Love the data.Store, its brilliant!

Hope you have time to check these out.


23 Feb 2007, 3:53 AM
1. I am debugging this now.

2. I don't know why I put that code it. It was difficult to implement and as you said, it has some validation issue. Hitting enter and then editing is reasonable - so I will comment out that "feature" for now until there is more time to test it.

23 Feb 2007, 4:00 AM
Your response-time is insanely low!
(this is good)

23 Feb 2007, 4:23 AM
#1 is fixed. I also found and fixed a related bug where column autosize AFTER moving a column caused autosize to increment 5px on each double click.

I will have new build with these changes soon. Right now my code is in a "hybrid" state as I am finally merging the Ext adapter (allowing other core libs like jQuery) idea into the code. (it's working great so far!)

23 Feb 2007, 6:45 AM
Take your time, dont rush too much.
And I'm really looking forward to the endresult!