PDA

View Full Version : What is the new release date for Sencha Touch in Action?

davisty
30 Dec 2012, 7:08 AM
Just got the email from Barns and Nobles that it had been delayed.

mitchellsimoens
1 Jan 2013, 11:22 AM
We only have a couple more chapters in final review then all is done.

davisty
2 Jan 2013, 1:31 AM
coolBeans. Mitch you da man

davisty
2 Jan 2013, 6:24 AM
Does it cover any MVC? I got one book from packet discussing MVC, but it's fairly simple and is only about 125 pages.

BostonMerlin
2 Jan 2013, 7:37 AM
The only MVC I could find in the touch->action book was used in the later part where they build an app. I though it odd... almost an afterthought.

mitchellsimoens
2 Jan 2013, 7:50 AM
The only MVC I could find in the touch->action book was used in the later part where they build an app. I though it odd... almost an afterthought.

Wasn't an afterthought. We try to teach different parts of the framework with each chapter and then lead up to an application.

davisty
2 Jan 2013, 7:52 AM
Makes a lot of sense. Im looking forward to the release

Keep up the good work.

BostonMerlin
2 Jan 2013, 7:58 AM
Perhaps I missed it, was looking just the other day for a chapter or even a paragraph with MVC advice. Did not see any 'this is what a controller is, why you use a controller and how Sencha advises you use this within your application'. Again, I saw mentions of MVC but only within the context of building an app at the end of the book and felt it was a passing thought by the authors.

Theres very good stuff in that book you'll not easily find on the web but I feel MVC should be a bit more prominent as it's not an easy concept for some to pickup on... especially considering how integral that concept is to building ST apps.

gkatz
6 Jan 2013, 12:43 AM
Just noticed 4th dec MEAP does not include anything about Native API (Ext.device).
is this on purpose due to its self explanatory nature?
thanks

ssamayoa
7 Jan 2013, 10:50 AM
Theres very good stuff in that book you'll not easily find on the web

Overall, do you recommend it?

EDIT:
I have experience in ExtJS but very few in ST, also I use Architect.

BostonMerlin
7 Jan 2013, 3:03 PM
I do. They demonstrate techniques I've not seen or found in any examples by Sencha.

Overall, do you recommend it?

EDIT:
I have experience in ExtJS but very few in ST, also I use Architect.

ssamayoa
7 Jan 2013, 8:01 PM
I do. They demonstrate techniques I've not seen or found in any examples by Sencha.

In respect your opinion so just purchased it and reading it right now.

Thanks.

Regards.

PD: I also purchasef first version of Jay's first book (Ext in action)