PDA

View Full Version : Stylesheet Import Order

cawb
5 Feb 2008, 4:01 AM
Can somebody please point me to the correct import order for the individual stylesheets?

I'm trying to learn my way around this framework for a deadline, and I've replaced the ext-all.css with the individual files to increase the debugging clues. Unfortunately that has introduced its own bugs because the import order is important.

May I also recommend that the order be placed into the README file in the resources/css folder in time for the next release?

Many thanks.

para
5 Feb 2008, 5:59 AM
You should put ext-all.css back in. What issues are you having? The ONLY way I do style now is with Firebug in Firefox. Click on Inspect and then the element you want to look at. It will show the styles applied to that element and where they came from. It also allows you to edit them on the fly. (You still have to change the file when you're done, but you can experiment a bit in the browser first).

If you have specific questions, feel free to ask.

5 Feb 2008, 6:16 AM
If he's looking to reduce overall download size of the page, it makes sense to not use ext-all.css.
i would say (this is untested, but a start)
core.css
box.css
borders.css
panel.css
window.css
dialog.css

... anything else you want, should not matter what order after this.

5 Feb 2008, 6:17 AM
One more thing - once you've buttoned down what css files you are gonig to use, compile them (minify), this way it's one chunk vs. multiple http requests.

para
5 Feb 2008, 6:31 AM
...I've replaced the ext-all.css with the individual files to increase the debugging clues...
My answer is based on what he said. I agree, however, with what you said, if that is a concern of his.

5 Feb 2008, 6:35 AM
You're right - duh me :):>