PDA

View Full Version : Setting up project in eclipse with sencha vjet plugin

juger
15 Jan 2013, 3:14 PM
I'm trying to migrate from my aptana project to eclipse using the sencha plugin and I'm having trouble figuring out how to set up the project so that I can utilize the plugin without putting everything in the project into the 'src' folder. I have a LOT of other files in my project that don't need to be considered by the IDE (and causes the project to build very slowly), but if I put them in the base project directory, then all of the ExtJS files are stuck under the 'src/app' folder instead of the 'app' folder, which breaks all of the script references. How am I supposed to set up my project?

mitchellsimoens
17 Jan 2013, 9:07 AM
So you want to change where the Ext JS files are or the application files are?

juger
17 Jan 2013, 9:32 AM
Well, I know how to do that. I'm basically asking how the project should be set up in eclipse. I use eclipse all the time, but for languages that require compiling. Since my project is located in a folder in my web root directory, its annoying to have to have all my extjs files in extraneous 'src' directory. Can I set up eclipse to 'deploy' or 'publish' to a separate folder that organizes the files in a particular way? Or am I stuck with having a 'src' folder?

juger
24 Jan 2013, 11:34 AM
I still can't figure out how you are supposed to publish using eclipse and the plugin. Autocompletion is great, but how are you supposed to use it to deploy and test what you are doing? I've watched several of the sencha videos and they all stop short of explaining how to use eclipse in your workflow. Do I really have to copy the files manually into a different folder to test? If not, where are the HTML and CSS files supposed to be located in the eclipse project?