PDA

View Full Version : how to debug the aplication

Manolo Quijano
24 Jan 2013, 3:21 PM
Hi all,

I'm continuing working in my project where I need to work with Sencha2 and OpenLayer.

I currently have a small issue when I draw a placemark on the map. I create a StyleMap to set a Y offset for the label but in my navigator this offset has not effect. I use Android 2.2.1

In others modern devices using Chrome or iOS all works fine.
In Opera Mobile I can't do work Sencha2. The webpage crashes after the loading animator.

Does someone know how to simulate the navigator of the phone in the PC to check what is wrong in my code?

Or how to debug the code in the mobile?

Thanks,
Manolo

sailei1
24 Jan 2013, 5:19 PM
debugger

Manolo Quijano
25 Jan 2013, 3:10 AM
please, can you tell me how to debug it?

In Chome (in the PC) we can use the Development Tools for debugging the code, but in the mobil I have not seen any things similar to check it.

Please, not trolling the thread.

sailei1
25 Jan 2013, 8:57 PM
console.log()

shepsii
26 Jan 2013, 12:40 AM
Right, but I think the OP is looking for a method to actually read the console.log output on the device.

I'm not sure about Mobile Opera. Which OS are you using? Is Mobile Opera even a webkit browser?? My understanding is that it is on iOS (it would have to be) but not on Android (yet). In which case, it probably doesn't support Sencha Touch all that well.

In any case, I would check the options and settings in opera. Maybe it is outputting errors over ADB that you can see in a terminal on your PC, if you have android dev tools installed and have the phone connected via USB.

Manolo Quijano
26 Jan 2013, 3:27 AM
I'm looking for a method to set breakpoint in the code in order to watch the different values of the variables, and debug step by step, if it is possible.

I know it can be done connecting chrome mobile and Chorme for the PC, but I have not found any other tools that can work in this way for Android 2.2.1 and the default webbrower

To try to fix the issue I need to debug the OpenLayer code, it is complicate to debug third party code. Console.log() is the last way.

Is Opera Mobile a webkit in Android? I don't really know, I know that is a webbrower very used and if Sencha Touch does not work on it, maybe it is a restriction that imply to migrate to other framework, I don't expect that, I have the website advanced.

Manolo Q

shepsii
26 Jan 2013, 3:55 AM
Look at where it's listed here (a google yourself doesn't hurt either!):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_web_browsers#WebKit-based

So no, I don't think so.

Another result from Googling "sencha touch opera":

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?103620-sencha-touch-and-opera-mobile-for-windows

You can always browser detect and advise the user to open in the native browser.

Manolo Quijano
27 Jan 2013, 3:01 PM
Thanks to all for your responds.

I found in google that setting about:debug in the url I can enable the java console.
So using console.log I could found the issue and solved it.

For me it is very strange that now a day, when a new platform is made, it has not got a decent debugging tools, we are working as in time of MSDOS, only Google is worried about it.

In other hand, detect de webbrowser and indicate the user to see using the native webbrowser maybe is a provisional solution, I need to study it.

Best Regards,
Manolo Q.

venkatesh.R
28 Jan 2013, 10:36 PM
Hi,

The below link may be very helpful to you.

http://robertdougan.com/posts/how-to-debug-sencha-touch-2-applications-part-1 :-?

Thanks

Venkatesh.R