PDA

View Full Version : How to ingrate a project builded in Archtiect 2 into the default webdesktop of extjs

kkerstjens
30 Jan 2013, 1:00 AM
Hi all,

i've build a nice form (incl. stores/views/controllers) in the Architect 2 editor. I've published it also so that i have a couple of files. app.index, app.js, app folder (resp. controller/view/model/store). When i'm starting this up with app.index. It work perfectly. No problems at all.

The next question / problem come here, how can i load/start/initialize this module into the webdesktop (like the example in the extjs folder).
All the default module (e.g. Notepad, Grid) all fully configured in those files.
But what should i do to get it work, that my mvc project get loaded...

Thanks for reading this, hopefully you can give me a push in the right direction.

Kind regards,

Kevin Kerstjens

mitchellsimoens
1 Feb 2013, 9:18 AM
The issue is what you build with Architect is it's own application which is something that cannot be used in the desktop example.

kkerstjens
1 Feb 2013, 9:41 AM
okay, that makes sense. Thanks for your answer.

Takes me to the next question about this, is it possible to chop the generated code into small pieces and re-use it in a module class. e.g. Notepad.js

What I did was I grab the defines of the interface part and put it in the createWindow() function.
When I open this new module I saw the UI. But then the problem was he didn't find the stores/models and controllers because he was looking in the wrong folder. When I changed the configuration about this new path, the original desktop didn't load correctly anymore. Somewhere I made a mess of it ;-).

But this is exactly not the solution I was looking for, I want all the pieces together in 1 app folder.
So I understand the best solution (I reed about it in the forum here of Sencha) is to use e.g. ExtDesk.

I hope someone can help me with this, or tell me what i did wrong.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

Kevin