PDA

View Full Version : In a buffered store, what controls the number of requests made to the backend?

whirling dervish
8 Feb 2013, 12:00 PM
So I am encountering a strange issue with my Grid, where it is making a high number of page requests to my backend.

My store is configured with a page size of 50, and it is using the default leading and trailing buffer sizes of 200 and 25 respectively.

I would expect with a page size of 50, for my grid to make 5 requests to the backend, 1 for the initial page, and 4 more for each additional buffered page, bringing the total rows to 250. However this is not the behavior I am seeing.

Given that, I assume I missing something about the buffered store configuration. How do I control how many pages I ask for at once from the backend?

sriram139
8 Feb 2013, 2:38 PM
You can go to your EXTJS bundle, and access below html which will make it clear about all the parameters that control this:
examples/grid/infinite-scroll-grid-tuner.html.

Here is the link to refer for more info:
http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?185483-Grid-buffered-infinite-scrolling-in-4.1

Regards,
Sriram

whirling dervish
12 Feb 2013, 8:15 AM
Thanks that is really helpful.

Only thing I don't understand is why the configuration of the buffer is split across the store and the paging scroller and what the relationship is between them.