PDA

View Full Version : suggestion to use extjs 3 and 4 using extjs 4 sandbox mode

JDevloper
20 Feb 2013, 3:37 AM
Hi,

Our application which is currently running on extjs 3,Thought of moving 3 to 4,But the constraint is our application is too large which is using extjs 3 framework extensively and lot of extended custom classes...due to this 3 to 4 migration is not possible at one shot...

Now we planned to migrate simple pages that does not have much complexity using extjs 4
sandbox mode.

So Please give your valuable suggestion for the migration using extjs 4 sandbox mode...

Is there any documentation(which has more information ) related to extjs 4 sandbox mode migration....I searched a lot in web can't find it.I have seen only one example under extjs 4.x example's page(how to use extjs 4 in extjs 3 app)but i can't get more information from this
example.....

Few questions about extjs 4 sandbox mode..

1) Is it possible to use extjs 3 and 4 extensively in same application.
2) Is it possible to use extjs 4 components inside extjs 3 components,because all our top level
classes in extjs 3.also extjs 3 components inside extjs 4 components
3)How the namespace working between 3 and 4. (for both css and all components)because
as i understand if we use extjs 4 sandbox mode,Have to use name space in 'Ext4'
suppose if i use xtype for all our components, All components will point out extjs 3 or 4
because most of components xtype is same in both extjs 3 and 4.How to differentiate xytpe in
extjs 3 and 4.Please give your comments those who worked in sandbox mode....

Thanks

scottmartin
20 Feb 2013, 5:27 AM
What is your reason for migrating? Does your Ext3 version still work?
Are you planning to use MVC in ext4?

Also .. have you review the migration article?
http://www.sencha.com/blog/ext-js-3-to-4-migration/

After moving numerous applications from Ext3 to Ext4, I would recommend a clean start if you really want to use Ext4 to it's full potential with Sencha Cmd and MVC pattern.

If your goal is to simply update the SDK, then you can migrate over.

Scott.

JDevloper
20 Feb 2013, 6:23 AM
Scott,Thanks for your reply

In extjs 3 our application is working fine.

The reason for migration is to exploit the features of extjs 4 and it's performance,most of the plugins which we use earlier now available as in-built component in extjs 4.

As i said earlier our application is too large,can't migrate at a single stretch(don't have time,already people are using),so we plan to migrate slower phase( feature by feature),That is why we choose sandbox mode.(running extjs 3 and 4 in same app). If we achieve this,we slowly migrate whole application.This is the whole idea..

I have gone through the extjs 3 to 4 migration, But it takes time.......

JDevloper
20 Feb 2013, 7:02 AM
Hi Scott,

At what extent we can use sandbox mode?

sandbox mode has support ?

does sandbox mode support MVC ?

Thanks,

JDevloper
25 Feb 2013, 9:28 PM
Please, Can any one answer the above questions ?

Waiting for reply...

Thanks

pyriand3r
23 Jul 2014, 12:33 AM
Hi there,if your problem still exists I may have a solution for you. I've recently had the same problem integrating the new Ext5 into a large Ext3.4 environment. So I wrote a Ext5Container class that wraps a Ext5.container.Container inside an Ext3.4 Ext.Panel.To use it you need the sandbox files from Ext4/5 which are the ext-all-sandbox.js, the ext-theme-classic-sandbox.js and the ext-theme-classic-sandbox-all.css which are in the build-folder of the Ext sources.

Here's the Container-Class: https://gist.github.com/pyriand3r/be5f91ee2de560a62a82
Good Luck!pyriand3r