PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Ext.buildSettings.scopeResetCSS

cmeans
20 Feb 2013, 9:04 AM
ExtJS v4.1.3

I have an ExtJS MVC app that now needs to sit inside header and footer content provided by our client. Unfortunately, the standard ExtJS CSS is breaking a lot of the clients HTML/css formatting etc..

I've found in the Sencha docs that there's a "Ext.buildSettings.scopeResetCSS" property that I can set, but it seems to have no impact on the page rendering (and "x-" classes keep turning up in the HTML, BODY elements etc.).

The documentation referrers to an "ext-all-scoped" file...I found an "ext-all-scoped.css", but I'm unclear exactly how to use it in conjunction with my custom theming (scss).

Would appreciate some pointers, and a confirmation that what I'm trying to do is the right approach.

Thanks.

-Chris

FanOfExt
11 Jun 2013, 5:29 PM
Hi,
I'm using ExtJS 4.2.1. I'm trying to do something similar with my custom theme and $prefix from Global_CSS.

Documentation is non existent on how to use $prefix.

Did you ever figure this out?

cmeans
11 Jun 2013, 6:55 PM
I believe ExtJS v4.2.x is supposed to make the scopeRessetCSS settings etc. obsolete.

I'd been waiting for 4.2 to stabilize before migrating to it, and that project got put on hold, so I never got around to seeing if 4.2.1 worked for this issue or not.

My understanding is that 4.2 now (either automatically, or via an option/settings) uses a unique selector at the root of ExtJS related elements, thus obviating the need for something like the scopeResetCSS flag.

Essentially, I think they were to do away with global CSS changes, which would at least stop ExtJS related CSS break other CSS...though that doesn't some other CSS from breaking ExtJS CSS...but you can't have it all.

They may have also stopped using "!important" everywhere (this has been a major pain in the past)...but I don't know.

I'd suggest building a plain/default project and reviewing the output...just to confirm that global CSS changes have actually gone away.

Post back here if you wouldn't mind.

-Chris

FanOfExt
11 Jun 2013, 7:38 PM
If you are interested, you might want to watch my other thread: http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?265307-ExtJS-CSS-conflict-with-x-btn-class&p=973419#post973419

(http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?265307-ExtJS-CSS-conflict-with-x-btn-class&p=973419#post973419)