PDA

View Full Version : Introducing UberGrid - High performance grid for Sencha Touch

mankz
26 Feb 2013, 8:15 AM
We just released 1.0 of our new grid component for Sencha Touch. You can try it out and learn more on our site. Requires ST 2.1+. The grid can have any number of lockable and individually scrollable sections. It also supports sorting, grouped column headers and buffering.

www.bryntum.com/products/ubergrid/

42063 (www.bryntum.com/products/ubergrid/)

daniel.gallo
26 Feb 2013, 9:22 AM
Looks very nice! :)

jacksparoow1
26 Feb 2013, 10:30 AM
Very nice, I hope you will do the same thing for the ExtJS TreeGrid (Lockable, Edition, Buffering, Performance, Filtring, Navigation...etc).

mankz
26 Feb 2013, 1:50 PM
Thanks! The Ext JS TreeGrid already supports locking, editing, buffering etc in 4.2 (in the Bryntum components we have a FilterableTreeStore too) :)

dbrin
26 Feb 2013, 2:47 PM
Filterable and Pageable tree would be the holly grail for me.

mankz
26 Feb 2013, 10:47 PM
@drin: For Sencha Touch?

dbrin
26 Feb 2013, 10:48 PM
no no, ExtJS of course :)

shepsii
27 Feb 2013, 2:14 AM
Is this its own component or did you guys base it off dataview or list?

SamuraiJack1
27 Feb 2013, 4:13 AM
Its stand-alone and not based on the ST List. It uses "translatables" and "scrollers" from ST though.

shepsii
27 Feb 2013, 5:43 AM
Cool, well it looks great, for those who are on sencha complete and can afford it. Wish that were me!

mankz
27 Feb 2013, 5:49 AM
No need to use Sencha Complete, why would you think that?

shepsii
27 Feb 2013, 5:52 AM
was sure that was on you guys' site yesterday :s maybe I misread! Let me check out the performance on a few devices and I might be in touch!

ingo.hefti
27 Feb 2013, 8:34 AM
very cool stuff!

Question: as Touch Scheduler is based on Uber Grid, do I then get Uber Grid for free when buying Touch Scheduler?

mankz
27 Feb 2013, 6:02 PM
@ingo.hefti: No, they're licensed as two standalone products.

ingo.hefti
27 Feb 2013, 10:43 PM
ok, thanks.

shepsii
28 Feb 2013, 2:39 AM
I've started a thread (http://bryntum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3165) over on the bryntum forums because I would love to use this - it looks absurdly good - but at a complete loss as to how to integrate with a Sencha Cmd built app. Hopefully this is possible and someone can help - would love to be a customer for this! Even if you guys assure me this is definitely possible, I'd pay for the support to get it up and running...

ingo.hefti
28 Feb 2013, 3:06 AM
I've started a thread (http://bryntum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3165) over on the bryntum forums because I would love to use this - it looks absurdly good - but at a complete loss as to how to integrate with a Sencha Cmd built app. Hopefully this is possible and someone can help - would love to be a customer for this! Even if you guys assure me this is definitely possible, I'd pay for the support to get it up and running...
Good point - me too looking forward to see (and get) a clean / running MVC / CMD sample

shepsii
1 Mar 2013, 11:49 PM
I purchased UberGrid - thanks to Brytnum for an excellent product and great support.

For those worried about MVC like I was, when you buy the full product, all you need to do is add the directory of the files to sencha.cfg as well as adding the path to Ext.Loader.setPath - it then works in the development environment and builds fine.

There's one or two teething issues but I'm sure that these will be sorted too. Overall I'm delighted and the performance is fantastic. Would definitely recommend it to others looking for a workable grid solution!

Pradyumna_Naik
15 Apr 2013, 4:39 AM
Hi,

Can the UberGrid be integrated with Sencha Architect?

mankz
15 Apr 2013, 5:06 AM
Using 2.2 you can sort of do this yes. You won't see it rendered in the UI but the code will work fine. See this blog post that I wrote on how to add 3rd party components to SA.

http://www.bryntum.com/blog/using-ext-scheduler-in-sencha-architect/

Scorpie
23 Apr 2013, 4:55 AM
Just purchased this wonderfull product. I`m however stuck on a simple issue; is it possible to nest the grid in a hbox layout in a tabpanel?

mankz
23 Apr 2013, 5:14 AM
Awesome thanks :). You can treat the UG as any other component, post in our help section if you need assistance. http://bryntum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=27

Scorpie
23 Apr 2013, 5:27 AM

snehalv
3 May 2013, 3:32 AM
We tried using UberGrid with MVC.
Everything works fine, tried the sample provided with the code.
The grid gets loaded displays data. However it still shows the following error in the console:

Uncaught TypeError: Object #<Object> has no method 'define' ubergrid-all-debug.js:1 (http://localhost:7070/ProviderApp/build/ProviderApp/production/ubergrid/ubergrid-all-debug.js)

(anonymous function)

We did the following changes:
Changed the index.html to include:
<link href="touch/resources/css/sencha-touch.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<link href="resources/css/ubergrid-all-debug.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<!-- The line below must be kept intact for Sencha Command to build your application -->
<script id="microloader" type="text/javascript" src="touch/sencha-touch-all-debug.js"></script>
<script src="ubergrid/ubergrid-all-debug.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="app.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Also, changed the following in app.json:
"js": [
{
"path": "touch/sencha-touch-all-debug.js",
"x-bootstrap": true
},{
"path": "ubergrid/ubergrid-all-debug.js"
},
{
"path": "app.js",
"bundle": true, /* Indicates that all class dependencies are concatenated into this file when build */
"update": "delta"
},{
"path": "data.js"
}
],

did the same for css files.
And added the following to .sencha\app\sencha.cfg
app.classpath=${app.dir}/app.js,${app.dir}/app,${app.dir}/lib/UberGrid

the lib directory is at the same level as the app directory.
We want to eliminate error on the console. The app however works as expected.
Any clue of what we are doing wrong?

mankz
19 May 2013, 2:47 PM
Try asking in the Sencha Cmd forums, as we're not experts on using Cmd. It should work like any other JS files you include in your build.