PDA

View Full Version : Strange behaviors in Chrome 25 with Ext 4.1?

kevhender
27 Feb 2013, 11:11 AM
Has anyone noticed any strange behaviors with Ext Windows in Chrome 25? Or application has been working for quite a while, and this strange behavior has started within the past few days.

We have Ext Windows that load a form, then load a grid below the form. Once the grid is loaded, at random times the layouts of any new components are suddenly skewed, and all components are aligned to the left, with no flexing.

Here is what a good window looks like:

Sometimes the good window shows up a couple of times, sometimes not at all. The bad window that comes up generally looks like this, with the layouts all skewed:

This app has been working for months, and no changes have been made to this window. The behavior only occurs in Chrome 25. Has anyone else seen any similar behavior?

scottmartin
27 Feb 2013, 11:57 AM
I have not see anything to the extent that you displaying .. can you duplicate the layout in a test case and then add your custom CSS to see if that is the root?

Scott.

elvishsu66
28 Feb 2013, 6:19 PM
I have similar behaviour (ExtJs 4.1.1a) since Chrome updated to version 25. It keeps throwing "Layout run failed" error.

scottmartin
28 Feb 2013, 8:04 PM
It keeps throwing "Layout run failed" error.

That typically means that you have an invalid layout that was 'permitted' to work before.

This was usually seen in moving from 4.07 to 4.1

Is there a small test case available that we can use to test this with?

Scott.

elvishsu66
28 Feb 2013, 8:46 PM
That typically means that you have an invalid layout that was 'permitted' to work before.

This was usually seen in moving from 4.07 to 4.1

Thanks., Scott,
I am going to have a look at the code. I will also get sample code for you.
Also, can you give me more hints about the "'permitted' to work before"?
Since it was working fine before Chrome updated itself to V25.

Cheers,
Elvis

kevhender
1 Mar 2013, 4:35 AM
Is there a small test case available that we can use to test this with?

Scott.

Scott, there is now a test case posted in the Bugs forum: http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?257622

It does not happen necessarily the first time, but if you let it run a while, it will eventually corrupt the layout, and all future layouts will be corrupted. As that poster stated, it also seems to happen more readily on slower computers.

kevhender
1 Mar 2013, 11:46 AM
I have similar behaviour (ExtJs 4.1.1a) since Chrome updated to version 25. It keeps throwing "Layout run failed" error.

FWIW, we are not seeing any errors in our console logs when this condition happens.

elvishsu66
3 Mar 2013, 4:13 PM
Hi,
I haven't had chance to build up a test case but I did use Page Analyser to test the page and the error came up after starting to open a window. I understand that the information may not be enough but it may give you guys an idea what might cause the issue?

Oh, just for your information. I use component loader to load a tab page and the tab page contains a button to open a window. The window layout is "fit" which also contains a card layout container. The card layout container contains a grid at first page and a card container at second page. The card container contains a grid and a form. Do you think it has too many components in the tab page?

elvishsu66
3 Mar 2013, 4:14 PM
BTW, this error doesn't occur in FF.

kevhender
7 Mar 2013, 10:06 AM
So, nobody else is seeing this problem yet? The latest update of Chrome (25.0.1364.152 m) that came today has yet to fix this issue.

This is obviously a problem with Chrome 25 that is breaking layouts. It is causing major problems in our production app. Any additional suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

scottmartin
7 Mar 2013, 10:19 AM
Several things ...

You mentioned in the other thread that you had reports of invalid layouts in the console.
Was this resolved?

In Chrome24, there were not there? Can you check vs it was displaying fine, so never checked with *-dev.js

It could very well be an issue with Chrome25, but if it was widespread, we would be getting hammered with bug reports. We have several .. and most are screenshots and a test case that may or may not fail .. I also notice that most problems are on apps that have custom CSS involved.

We are going to need small working test case so dev can have a closer look.

Scott.

scottmartin
7 Mar 2013, 10:19 AM
Also .. have you checked 4.2?

Scott.

kevhender
7 Mar 2013, 12:27 PM
Scott -

We have checked Chrome 24 and we do not receive any "Layout run failed" errors. We only get this on Chrome 25, and not necessarily the first time (in other words, it might work one or two times before failing).

We have also removed all of our custom CSS, and the error still occurs.

We are not quite in a position to upgrade to 4.2, especially when it is still just an RC version. Our initial attempts to make this update unearthed a huge slew of new problems, which will take a good while to handle. Also, this will require a major, full regression test of the entire app... in other words, quite a large step that we can't quite handle at this point in time.

The best test case I can give you is still in this thread: http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?257622 The error does not necessarily occur immediately; in fact, it can take several minutes. The test case will automatically open and close the window, and it will likely happen eventually. Once the error occurs, all layouts from that point on are affected.

scottmartin
7 Mar 2013, 1:10 PM
The comment with testing with 4.2 is to see if there has been any issues that have been corrected on our end.

I understand that you do not want to move over to an RC, but it will provide some answers.

Scott.

oswee
11 Mar 2013, 1:42 AM
All the same issues.
Some times forms work fine, but sometime, randomly, forms were corrupt. Also we got error like transparent window - we can see just shadow border for window.
On FF, IE, OPERA work fine.
Chrome also not showing a console error.

We hope what on next chrome relese it will disapear.

alphaV25
18 Mar 2013, 11:51 PM
I have also encounter this problem when I have upgraded to Chrome 25.0.1364.172m with Ext 4.1.
What are we try to do is create an window ,close and destroy the window repeatedly.After several attempt , window layout will start to break and extjs framework will report layout run failed

Piruthu
20 Mar 2013, 2:22 AM
Got the same issue with Chrome 25.0.1364.172 m with Ext 4.1
The layout seems broken after using the page for sometime with 'Layout Run Failed' error.