PDA

View Full Version : CellEditing issue with double quotes on Google Chrome



jaycmadison
27 Feb 2013, 1:45 PM
We are currently on version 4.1.3. We are having an issue with CellEditing on Google Chrome when a value in the store has a double quote (test"s). After the validateedit event on any cell edit, we get the error "
Uncaught Error: InvalidCharacterError: DOM Exception 5 " in the console and the value does not appear changed. This issue does not happen if the double quote is removed (tests). This issue does not occur on either IE or Firefox. Has anyone else run into this and if so how did you resolve? Thank you for your help.

mitchellsimoens
1 Mar 2013, 8:04 AM
hmm, I just tried the cell editing example in 4.1.3 with chrome 26, I edited the first name to add in a double quote and it didn't throw any error for me.

jaycmadison
1 Mar 2013, 9:15 AM
Thank you for the reply. Must be something else at work.

jaycmadison
1 Mar 2013, 9:36 AM
We figured out the issue. It has to do with a renderer we had on one of the columns. On initial load this didn't error. For whatever reason, the callback of the celledit caused the following renderer to error.


renderer: function (value, meta, record) {
meta.tdAttr = 'data-qtip="' + value + '"';
return value;
}

The error did not come from the renderer line however...it came from the ext-all.js code [

Uncaught Error: InvalidCharacterError: DOM Exception 5 ext-all.js:18 (https://dev-jay-v2.showmgr.com/ext4/ext-4.1.3/ext-all.js)


]

Replacing the " in the qtip setting fixed the issue.

marc.fearby
12 Jun 2013, 8:30 PM
I'm getting the same thing with Chrome 27. If I set my data-qtip to be nothing but the value, with narry a quotation mark in sight, it works fine, albeit the tooltip is very basic. If I put the quotation marks back in, I get the InvalidCharacterError. I don't get the same errors in Firefox 21 (both on Windows 7)

Correction, I found the source of the problem. I had a semi-colon before I was specifying the data-qwidth. Here's my working code (in Chrome & Firefox):


metaData.tdAttr = 'data-qtip="' + value + ' entered by ' + record.data.name + ' on ' + record.data.date + '" data-qwidth="250"';

I realised that I had a semi-colon after the data-qtip but then found that you could add data-qwidth, and just tacked that onto the string after the semi-colon I had at the end. Now I have no semi-colon and it's happy as can be.