PDA

View Full Version : Which Debug file is Better?

chinnib37
13 Mar 2013, 4:32 AM
Hi,

I am new to Extjs. Can anyone tell me which debug file is best and What is the difference between following files.
ext-all.js
ext-debug.js
ext-all-debug.js

And also tell me what files should be included into the project to get entire extjs.

Thanks in Advance.

loiane
13 Mar 2013, 6:48 AM
ext.js is usually used when the dynamic loading is enabled. This way, the application will not load the entire extjs framework, will only load the classes that are required to make the application run. File is compressed, meaning is the not read-friendly.
ext-debug.js - same as above, but in this case, the file also contains debug code and debug messages, which can help you to debug your code. The file is also read-friendly, meaning the code is indented and easy to read.

ext-all.js - contains all the extjs framework code in a single file. Not read-friendly, compressed file. Usually used in production.
ext-all-debug.js - same as ext-all.js, but it is read-friendly and contains debug messages.

I usually use ext-all-debug.js for development.
To develop an Ext JS application you need the CSS file and only one of the files above.

slemmon
13 Mar 2013, 7:33 AM
You might even throw ext-dev.js into the mix, too. I'll use that one for development after I generate my app using Sencha Command. ext-dev.js will call you out when you've included a class, but haven't included a leading 'requires' config

Not having the necessary 'requires' configs per class/app will prevent Sencha Command from compiling the app into a concatenated and minified production file so ext-dev.js keep me honest along the way (will give synchronous class loading warnings in the console if a requires is missed).