PDA

View Full Version : Ext.nd 2.0.1 - Missing Action Bar (Shared Actions)

Mike Amberg
11 Feb 2008, 1:42 PM
Hi,

I just tried the new EXT.nd 2.01 Beta version and I am having a problem displaying the Action Bar in Views.

I am using the same setup as the EXT database (main.html and mainOLpage) with the html header updated from a profile document i created in the ext-nd database.

I have double checked everything i can think of and cross-checked the EXT database, but have been unable to get the Action Bar to display with "Shared Actions"

I saw what i thought was a piece of the action bar displayed below the view panel, but can't be sure as it was a very narrow band.

I finally tried a simple "create action" within a view and got the action bar to display.

Does EXT work with shared actions?

RWaters
11 Feb 2008, 1:50 PM
I'm not sure about the shared actions, It would depend on if/how Domino outputs them with the view Dxl. We'll check into it.

Mike Amberg
11 Feb 2008, 2:08 PM
Thanks

jratcliff
11 Feb 2008, 3:25 PM
I just tried an @formula shared action and a javascript shared action and they both showed up. What type of shared action were you trying to display and what's the code for it?

~Jack R.

Mike Amberg
12 Feb 2008, 6:25 AM
Hi Jack,

To make sure i haven't made an error i just tested again as follows:

1) Opened Ext.nd view Profiles and copied the action "New App Profile"
2) Went to the "Shared Code->Actions" section and pasted in the action
3) Renamed the new "Shared Action" as "New App Profile2"
4) In the view Profiles, added in the shared action "New App Profile2"
5) Saved and Closed the view, refreshed the Web Page, shared action did not appear

Mike Amberg
13 Feb 2008, 2:27 PM
Jack

Were you able to reproduce my error?

jratcliff
13 Feb 2008, 7:34 PM
I just tried it on the Ext.nd db we have on the OpenNTF server and it works for me.

You can see it here:
http://openntf.org/extnd/extnd_1.0.0.nsf

Also, can you send me the results of the DXLExporter?OpenAgent call we make to get the actionbar? The url for the Ext.nd db on the openNTF server is:
http://openntf.org/extnd/extnd_1.0.0.nsf/extnd/2.0.1/DXLExporter?OpenAgent&db=EXTND\ExtND_1.0.0.nsf&type=view&name=Profiles&_dc=1202959380845

So your's will be similar. In fact, if you are using FF with Firebug, just click on the "Net" section, find the DXLExporter line, right click and choose "open in new tab" and then send us a pic of the actionbar section (see the pic I've attached as an example)

~Jack R.

Mike Amberg
13 Feb 2008, 8:14 PM
Jack ... I have attached a screenshot of the xml ... note the damaged "sharedref" tag highlighted in green. The attachment is a bit small, i am adding a close-up

jratcliff
13 Feb 2008, 8:28 PM
What version of Domino is your server running? And on what OS platform/version?

Mike Amberg
14 Feb 2008, 6:42 AM
Release 6.5.5FP2 on Windows NT 5.2

jratcliff
13 Mar 2008, 9:21 AM
Well, in Domino 6 it looks like shared actions aren't even returned in the dxl and in Domino 7 (not sure about 8) any updates to shared actions are not seen on views/forms until you resave the views/forms. So, we'll have to come up with a way to handle shared actions another way. We'll keep you posted.