PDA

View Full Version : Linked Combobox and Cell Editing - Issue

marri
10 Apr 2013, 2:47 PM
Hi, I'm new to EXT JS and I need pointers to a particular issue related to linked combo box that I'm encountering. Combo boxes are defined statically and everything works perfectly if the Row Editing plugin is used. But if it the Plugin is changed to Cell Editing (which is what we need), the function to filter the second combo box encounters an error as below when it executes the statement "var comboItem = Ext.getCmp('combo-item')":

TypeError: comboItem is undefined

I have introduced a listener code in the first Combobox and "combo-item" is the id of the second Combobox. I have tried changing "getCmp" to "ComponentQuery" to get to the second Combo box but I'm pretty sure I'm missing something simple here.

These Combo boxes are part of a grid nested within a window in the center region of a ViewPort. Any pointers to resolve this issue will be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

slemmon
12 Apr 2013, 9:59 AM
Any chance you can post your code? I'm not able to repoduce the issue you're seeing just yet.
Just a working snippet to show how you're setting up your combobox an grid should suffice.

marri
16 Apr 2013, 12:44 PM
Thanks much for reaching out. I fixed the linked combo box issue by defining the 2 combo boxes outside the grid panel definition and in the listener of the first combo box accessed the second combo box variable name to clear the value and set the filter.