PDA

View Full Version : Performance question

pierrocknroll
15 Apr 2013, 5:16 AM
Hi folks, (sorry for my english)
I have a panel with different 'tools' (collapse, expand, pin, unpin, etc.) and I noticed that when I show / hide some of these tools, there is a very long process of re-calculating layout on almost every component of my application... I understand why but it's very heavy and greedy for not so much.

But when I set a height to the panel's header, the very long process of re-calculation stops at this panel.
Do I have to set dimensions to all my application components to improve perfomance ? Is there a configuration param to stop at the updateLayout of the component concerned ?
In the doc's exemples (like 'Portal demo') all the dimensions are set but who can I do with dynamic contents ?

Thanks a lot

slemmon
16 Apr 2013, 9:48 PM
You shouldn't need to set the dimensions on your components necessarily. What version of ExtJS are you working with?

Also, your English is great!

pierrocknroll
16 Apr 2013, 11:17 PM
(thanks!)
I work in 4.2 but the problems occurs since a very long time in all version I have tested.
If I look at a javascript profiler like in Chrome Developper Tools, I can clearly see that there is a big difference between setting or not setting dimensions to components. In fact the update layout chain will stop at the component who have dimensions.

slemmon
17 Apr 2013, 10:40 AM
Any chance you could post an example snippet to demonstrate the performance issue you're seeing with showing/hiding tools? While I'm sure there's a layout burden I wouldn't think it would be too ugly with what you're describing.