PDA

View Full Version : Rev 5 Notes & Ramblings

jack.slocum
26 Feb 2007, 5:08 AM
Rev 5 is up and fixes lots of problems created by Rev 4.

I also placed a copy of jquery-plugins.js in the root folder and updated include-order.txt to note that it needs the jquery-plugins.js file.

Sorry for the poor build (Rev 4). I had been coding for 36 hours, didn't do enough testing and I was past the point of diminished returns. 1 positive thing, maybe some of you got introduced to Ext.dump. :)

Animal
26 Feb 2007, 5:20 AM
36 hours :?: :?: :?: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I reach that point of diminishing returns at abuot 12 hours coding time!

Take it a little easier Jack. You need to think about your health. I'm serious here - you should schedule some relaxation time, a little fresh air, excercise. Better to be coding for the long haul than ruin your health and drop out of the scene in a short blaze of glory!

ilazarte
26 Feb 2007, 5:45 AM
agreed... i know that i would hate/resent everything associated with the code after a few nights like that. breathe jack, breathe! white heat is nice, but then there's the recovery period...

bone
26 Feb 2007, 5:52 AM
have to agree with Animal....
take a day off (that means, dont turn on the computer, dont read the forums)
and spend some time with kids/wife, tv, dog, bathtub and blabla

you've spoiled us with your low response-time so i think we could handle a day without jacksloc on the forums :)

mystix
26 Feb 2007, 7:18 AM
Gotta love the way you slip in little easter eggs (a la Ext.dump) with the bugs. :D

thanks for all the hard work! now shoo. go get some rest :lol:

jack.slocum
26 Feb 2007, 7:20 AM
Haha - I WOULD go do something, but I live in Cleveland OH now and well, its freezing!

lumar
26 Feb 2007, 8:38 AM
"all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" (no pun intended) :D

RWaters
26 Feb 2007, 11:02 AM
Oh come on jack it's not that cold :P All the snow is melting.

tolstoj
26 Feb 2007, 11:35 AM
I totally agree, you should mix work and play.
And by the way, here we have -25C (-15F), and there is still things to do :wink:

Arikon
26 Feb 2007, 11:40 AM
Sometimes when using

tabs.activate('some-tab'); // tabs = diaglog.getTabs();
dialog.show(); // dialog = new BasicDialog(...);
in displayed dialog all input controls are hidden.
If then switch to another tab, and then switch back, all controls are on their places.

'some-tab' is the first tab in dialog.

I'm using jQuery adapter and IE6.
In Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.2 all is ok.

Arikon
26 Feb 2007, 3:37 PM
Such dialog displayed as not modal.

Ext.Msg.show({
title: 'Ajax Error',
msg: 'Error occured while fetching user data from server.
Press Retry for another try or Abort to cancel.',
modal: true,
buttons: {
yes: 'Retry',
cancel: 'Abort'
}
});

IE6 and FF2. Using jQuery adapter. Thanks.

Arikon
27 Feb 2007, 12:48 AM
Dialog buttons (or may be all buttons) issue.
Try to move mouse curdor on button, press mouse button, don't release it, remove mouse cursor from button and release mouse button. Button remains "pressed".
I think, it can be fixed by adding
this.el.removeClass("x-btn-click");to Button.onMouseOut()

jack.slocum
27 Feb 2007, 8:24 AM
Aricon, not the right thread for those issues.

tolstoj - OMG I would die. I was raised in Florida, live in California for a while so 0-10 (F) is freezing to me. :)

On a side note, I took the advice of the people on this thread. Only instead of taking the time off, I decided to write something fun. It is turning out really nice and I think everyone will like it!

Arikon
27 Feb 2007, 10:22 AM
jacksloc, where can i post issues?

brian.moeskau
27 Feb 2007, 11:08 AM
Arikon, he means that you should start a new thread for your issues, rather than adding them on to a completely unrelated thread. It makes it harder to track things -- especially potential bugs -- when threads have multiple different topics randomly mixed in.

Arikon
27 Feb 2007, 9:48 PM
Sorry, my fault. My english is not very good, that's why I thought that I can post bugs is this topic (because of "Rev 5 Notes" in topic ;))

bmoeskau, thanks for answer =)

//UPD: fixed. all my bug reportings are in corresponding topics