PDA

View Full Version : Masking issue with pdf plugin

AmolIndia
1 May 2013, 7:16 PM
Hi,

We are showing dynamically generated pdf document in managed iframe based on user selected parameters. We show loading message using masking and unmask once pdf is loaded. When user sends another request after first pdf is loaded, it masks everything expect pdf plugin and loading message hides behind the plugin. We tried setting z-index of loading message to max. but it is not taking any effect.

Any sugesstion is appreciated.

Thanks,

Amol.

mitchellsimoens
3 May 2013, 12:04 PM
What pdf plugin?

lethalpunch
6 May 2013, 12:31 AM
as you are using the iframe, the dom of iframe will always be at top.
so you can do one thing.
At any request, hide the component containing the iframe, and after the operation make that visible.
That what i hve done in my case.
If you found any other solution please share.

AmolIndia
6 May 2013, 4:01 AM
What pdf plugin?

Adobe plugin

AmolIndia
6 May 2013, 4:21 AM
as you are using the iframe, the dom of iframe will always be at top.
so you can do one thing.
At any request, hide the component containing the iframe, and after the operation make that visible.
That what i hve done in my case.
If you found any other solution please share.

Hi,

That is very good suggestion. However, in my case container of iframe (Managed iframe) is tab, which also has other components. So, I really can not hide the container of iframe. I tried hiding iframe itself before the request and then making it visible on 'documentloaded' event of iframe. However, since iframe is invisible, the event does not fire and can not see the response.

AmolIndia
6 May 2013, 7:06 PM
It doesnt look like iframe issue. Because, when iframe is loaded with html content, masking works perfect, it is only when it is loaded with pdf, masking message hides behind.

AmolIndia
15 May 2013, 9:45 PM
I resolved this issue with following work arround.

The request is sent to original aspx page when pdf is requested. In that page, for pdf request, another html form is generated which includes all parameters into hidden fields that are sent in request and sent to the browser. This form is submitted onload javascript event. Thus, iframe is loaded with this form which removed pdf plugin earlier loaded and then normal masking message is triggered.

1. Request to page1.aspx
2. Page1.aspx generated form tag along with parameters into hiddne fields

<body onload="form1.submit();">
<form name="form1" action="page2.aspx" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="p1" value="abc" />
<input type="hidden" name="p2" value="xyz" />
<input type="hidden" name="p3" value="lmn" />
</form>
</body>
3. page2.aspx will actually process the request.