PDA

View Full Version : HTML editor is not working IE10

vikaskale
2 May 2013, 4:38 AM
Hi,

I am using HTML Editor in my application.
HTML editor works fine in all browsers like IE8, IE9, Safari, Chrome and Firefox except in IE10.
On IE10 if I opens same page its disabling all formatting buttons as well not allowing to enter any text in editor.

This is not consistant, but many times I found same issue on IE10.

Please help.

slemmon
5 May 2013, 5:27 PM
I tested on IE10 on Windows 8 on 4.2 and didn't see an issue. Are you seeing the issue on Windows 8? 7? ExtJS 4.2? 4.2.1 Beta? Other?

vikaskale
6 May 2013, 10:43 PM
Hi Slemmon,

Thanks for looking into this.

Issue is on Windows8 IE10 ExtJS 4.1.0, but this issue is not consistent.

May I request you to try at least 5 times.

Thanks,

Vikas

slemmon
7 May 2013, 9:10 AM
ExtJS wasn't optimized for IE10 until 4.2. That may cause issues itself if you're using 4.1 on IE10.

vikaskale
7 May 2013, 9:19 PM
Thanks Slemmon

cgsturm
5 Nov 2013, 9:24 AM
I have noticed the following behavior with IE and html editor. Using 4.2.1.

1. Cannot tab into the html editor from another field on a form. Works ok in Chrome, FF, but not IE10 or IE9.

2. When loading a form with an html editor, using formPanel.loadRecord(record), html tags (ex: <strong>...</strong>) are rendered into the body of the html editor. This typically happens when the entire contents of the html body are wrapped with a tag.
UPDATE: I discovered that I must first Ext.util.Format.htmlDecode(record.data.myfield) before calling the formPanel.loadRecord and then the problem does not happen. If by design, then disregard #2.

If anyone has any suggestions or workarounds please let me know. Thanks