PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] Tabbing between consecutive textfield editors in grig on IE9/10

fpascal4
2 May 2013, 10:18 AM
I have multiple pages that use grids that allow editing of data on each row. When tabbing between consecutive textfield editors, editing is interrupted and canceled. This happens with adjacent textfields in the same row, and between rows where you would tab between one textfield in one row and a textfield in the next row.

I have tested under 4.1.3 and 4.2 running under IE9 and IE10. Under IE9 I can reproduce the problem reliably. Under IE10, it's intermittent and appears to be related to how fast you hit the TAB key.

Providing an example that encapsulates the problem has been a bit problematic, but I have found I can reproduce the problem with one of the demo apps on Sencha's site. Goto the following demo:

http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.0/extjs-build/examples/build/KitchenSink/ext-theme-neptune/#cell-editing
(http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.0/extjs-build/examples/build/KitchenSink/ext-theme-neptune/#cell-editing)
In the demo GUI, select the drop down menu for the first column. Disable all other fields so that only the "Common Name" column is present. Start editing the first row, the cursor should appear in the name signifying you are in edit mode. Press the TAB key to move from row to row.

Under Chrome, as you move from row to row, the cursor signifying that you are in edit mode should follow your tabbing.

Under IE9 and IE10, when you press TAB you will drop down to the next row, but editing will not be enabled.

This demo does not have two adjacent textfield editors on the same row, but I have seen the same behavior in my own pages.

My application is heavily keyboard driven with the users entering data and tabbing between fields. On IE my users are forced to use the mouse to re-enter edit mode, and impacts usability and speed. Our corporate supported browser is IE9 and I need to be able to support the expected behavior under IE9. Moving the Chrome will require a waiver and exception clause to our customer support agreements - not an impossibility, but high maintenance to argue and support.

-Freeman

slemmon
2 May 2013, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the bug report!
It looks like this will be fixed for 4.2.1 (fixed in Beta Nightly now).