PDA

View Full Version : Menus and BorderLayout Ext 1.0

nnance
26 Feb 2007, 6:12 AM
I am considering using yui-ext in my project but it requires the uses of menus on the left side (west panel) of the page the pop out to the right overlaying the center panel. I have tried to make this work under ext 0.xx and I can get the menu to pop out over the center panel but there is a problem with it. If you slowly drag your mouse over to select the pop out menu when the mouse cursor hits the seperator between the west and the center the menu goes away.

Is this issue resolved under 1.0?

jack.slocum
26 Feb 2007, 8:25 AM
Which menus?

nnance
26 Feb 2007, 8:43 AM
The YAHOO.widget.menu

jack.slocum
27 Feb 2007, 7:46 AM
There are around 20-30 threads about this in the Help forum and another in the Examples forum. I would recommend starting research there. Or you can convert to Ext menus and it will work out of the box with better performance and new features. Your choice though. :)

nnance
5 Mar 2007, 9:36 PM
I am using version 0.33 and I don't see any reference in the documentation or the demos of yui.ext.menu. Am I missing something?

humpdi
5 Mar 2007, 10:12 PM
yeah, youre missing the 1.0 alpha son ;)

Animal
6 Mar 2007, 12:03 AM
And you're confoozed. :wink:

The YAHOO.widget.Menu is NOT an Ext component. It's a heavyweight YUI component.

You need an Ext.menu.Menu. You can configure the direction the submenus fly out using the subMenuAlign property. To have them fly out rightwards use "tl-tr?" - although I think this is the default.

There are currently no docs - you'll have to use the example in examples/menu, and read the source!

A few mods are required to allow an Ext.menu.Menu to function as a top level menubar.

There is another thread about this. I'm thinking I'm going to subclass Ext.menu.Menu to create Ext.menu.Menubar which may be aligned either horizontally or vertically. It will have to activate itself on first click of one of it's menu items. It's hide() method will do nothing.

JeffHowden
6 Mar 2007, 12:07 AM
@Animal

A MenuBar would be super sweet as that'd make attaching a menu (vertical or horizontal, as appropriate) to the collapsed bar of a region fairly straightforward.

Animal
6 Mar 2007, 12:33 AM
I'll be working on this today.

TommyMaintz
6 Mar 2007, 8:24 AM
@Animal

Hey, i created a kind of "menubar" myself. its probably not what you are trying to make but you could have a look at some of the code maybe.

Its not finished yet, i still have to change the normal click behaviour on items, and some of the animation is not done yet.

http://tommy.extjs.com/components/modulemenu/

Animal
6 Mar 2007, 8:43 AM
I've subclassed Ext.menu.Menu to create Ext.menu.Menubar: http://www.yui-ext.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3281#15561

TommyMaintz
6 Mar 2007, 8:46 AM
Yeah, i read that post after i commented here :p

Good job!

btw, do you like my menu?

Animal
6 Mar 2007, 8:48 AM
Yes. It's very slick, and looks very good. Possibly a bit too much for a basic application menu that has to be unobtrusive.

TommyMaintz
6 Mar 2007, 8:53 AM
Yeah true, its way too much for a basic application.
I needed it for a project im working on in my spare time.
I think that with some downgrading it could be useful in alot of situations though.

marklar
6 Mar 2007, 9:22 AM
@Animal

Hey, i created a kind of "menubar" myself. its probably ....

TommyMaintz - your menu looks wonderful and works great in firefox. Have you tried this in I.E.? For me this is not in I.E. 6.0 - render is underfined (in add process deep in code).

Just a FYI - Not sure where or what is causing this but passing on the details.

That said - Impressive looking menu Tommy.

TommyMaintz
6 Mar 2007, 9:27 AM
Hey,

Yeah i still have to make it work in IE :p
There are still alot of things that have to be done.
For example, removing the default click behaviour and removing all the bugs.

I was too busy with other things the last few days so i havent finished it.
When i do finish it i will post it here on the forums.

If some of you have some feedback i would appreciate it.