PDA

View Full Version : AMF with EXT JS

kuldeepantil
21 May 2013, 11:06 PM
Hi All,

How to communicate existing Blaze DS service method from EXT JS?
Previously the front end was in Flex and now we are moving to EXT JS, since 4.2 has AMF communication method can anyone please share and example of it or please point us in the direction of how to do it?

Appreciate your help and thanks in advance,
Kuldeep :-?

slemmon
24 May 2013, 1:22 PM
AMF proxies aren't available with the GPL release of ExtJS, but rather is packaged with Sencha Complete. Are you a Sencha Complete customer using the Complete download or are you using the GPL download of the framework?

kuldeepantil
26 May 2013, 10:09 PM
We currently trying it out with the GPL using the CDN urls. We wanted to do some POC where we wanted to use the existing Flex calls. Is it really possible? If yes, would like to try them out which will help us saving many hours on re-developing the back-end.
We are in the process of getting Sencha Complete.

kuldeepantil
2 Jun 2013, 11:06 PM
Can anyone please help me with this?

slemmon
4 Jun 2013, 1:17 PM
There is some documentation / information at the top of this API doc that you may find helpful:
http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.1/#!/api/Ext.direct.AmfRemotingProvider

kuldeepantil
5 Jun 2013, 8:55 PM
Thanks for the reply, I will try the given approach and let you know if it's working fine.

Thanks again,
Kuldeep

kuldeepantil
6 Jun 2013, 4:17 AM
Seth,
Thanks for the useful link, it works perfectly fine. Tried it with no parameters, simple parameters, still facing some issues with custom objects. Will work around more.

Thanks again,
Kuldeep =D>

kuldeepantil
11 Jun 2013, 10:54 PM
Hi, I have successfully passed multiple types of custom objects and its been successful. Thanks for that.
But I am facing some issues in passing ArrayCollection to server api. Infact ArrayCollection object is created successfully, but not the values inside it (ArrayCollection containing strings from front end). I am not sure how to do it, or how exactly is the deserialization happening. Can you please help me out with this.

Thanks,
Kuldeep

SteveMercer
15 Jul 2014, 6:10 AM
How did you pass a custom object to the back end?

kuldeepantil
16 Jul 2014, 8:42 AM
using the $flexType , which takes value as the custom class name.

SteveMercer
16 Jul 2014, 12:35 PM
Amazingly enough that worked. Thanks very much.