PDA

View Full Version : Will buffered infinite scroll accomplish this?

deving
5 Jun 2013, 1:42 PM
I'm using a grid to display records with only 4 columns. I'm also using a row expander but data is only loaded into it when the row is expanded, and one of the columns is a component column.

The grid is working fine for most users. However, I have one small group of users that will need to load a grid with over 1500 records. Almost everyone else is under 50 records with a few loading 100 - 200. I hope to not have to implement my own paging and searching on the server side if I can. There is a javascript error occurring when loading the 1500 records. It only started happening when we started using the row expander (although the row is empty) and added component column.

I have looked at the buffered scrolling example. Essentially what I want is to be able to load all records immediately (no paging), but I only want the grid to display/render the first 100 or so until the user needs to scroll down to those. Is this possible with the buffered infinite scrolling? I have tried using the example but I'm using a data store that pulls data using an AJAX request and the example uses a data store that is create client-side and I can't seem to get it to work. The AJAX request is being made multiple times instead of once.

So before I continue to fight with it, am I using the right technique and grid features to accomplish what I want?

slemmon
7 Jun 2013, 9:37 AM
Seems you're on the right track using the bufferedrederer plugin. In your store do you have buffered set as well?

sarz
30 Jul 2013, 11:27 PM
I have used ajax to populate my grid where the response is json which i use to populate 3000 records but its taking time to render where i thought infinite scroll is the best option for me to use which is modified in EXT 4.2 . But its not working when i use for a dynamic store . In the example they have used inside the proxy what is the solution if i use ajax ... Thanks in advance ... awaiting reply

slemmon
31 Jul 2013, 12:23 PM
The config should be the same with an ajax proxy. You'd point the proxy's url to your server and have the server deliver the 3000 records and the grid view would display just a subset of the records based on where in the recordset the user is viewing.

sarz
31 Jul 2013, 10:22 PM
But my response is json from the ajax request for that i should read the success response and the create the store will that problem when i use ajax proxy