PDA

View Full Version : Scroll bar issue in chrome browser if the zoom is less than 100%

tangalla
6 Jun 2013, 12:16 PM
Hello,
The grid panel scroll bars disappear on chrome browser if the zoom is less than 100% and the store is empty.

slemmon
6 Jun 2013, 1:42 PM
I wasn't able to reproduce the issue myself. Testing on Chrome in OSX zoomed at 90% with the below test case:

Ext.create('Ext.data.Store', {
storeId:'simpsonsStore',
fields:['name', 'email', 'phone'],
data:{'items':[

]},
proxy: {
type: 'memory',
reader: {
type: 'json',
root: 'items'
}
}
});

Ext.create('Ext.grid.Panel', {
title: 'Simpsons',
store: Ext.data.StoreManager.lookup('simpsonsStore'),
columns: [
{ text: 'Name', dataIndex: 'name', width: 200 },
{ text: 'Email', dataIndex: 'email', width: 200 },
{ text: 'Phone', dataIndex: 'phone', width: 200 }
],
height: 200,
width: 400,
renderTo: Ext.getBody()
});

tangalla
11 Jun 2013, 12:05 PM
I can reproduce with the give code.

Ext.require([
'Ext.grid.*',
'Ext.data.*',
'Ext.util.*',
'Ext.state.*'
]);

Ext.onReady(function() {
Ext.QuickTips.init();

var store = Ext.create('Ext.data.Store', {
storeId:'simpsonsStore',
fields:['name', 'email', 'phone'],
data:{'items':[

]},
proxy: {
type: 'memory',
reader: {
type: 'json',
root: 'items'
}
}
});

var grid = Ext.create('Ext.grid.Panel', {
title: 'Simpsons',
store: store,
columns: [
{ text: 'Name', dataIndex: 'name', width: 200 },
{ text: 'Email', dataIndex: 'email', width: 200 },
{ text: 'Phone', dataIndex: 'phone', width: 200 }
],
height: 200,
width: 400,
renderTo: Ext.getBody()
});

});

slemmon
11 Jun 2013, 2:50 PM
I tried again just now with ExtJS 4.2.1 on Chrome on OSX and on Win7 as well and didn't see the issue with the missing horizontal scroll bars when using your supplied test code.

If you open the example in Incognito mode do you see the issue (that will disable extensions that may present a conflict)?

On the boxes I tested on I had recently uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome due to another Chrome specific issue - maybe that factors?

tangalla
12 Jun 2013, 6:45 AM
Hi

I tried with extjs 4.2.1 its working fine no issues at all. My application is using 4.1.0. The issue is with version extjs 4.1.0. Is there any solution for this issue. The application is in UAT phase and we planning to upgrade the extjs for next phase but not in this phase. We have to go with extjs 4.1.0 and i have to fix this.

Thanku :)

slemmon
12 Jun 2013, 11:23 AM
Hmm... 4.1 is enough releases back (along with a significant grid panel rewrite with 4.2) that I'm not sure there's a quick fix.

Out of curiosity, what issue does it cause not having the scrollbar present when there are no records in the store?

bhunnicutt
18 Dec 2013, 2:53 PM
I found a scrollbar issue with a locked grid column and Chrome zoomed to less the 100%. Change Chrome to 90% and try to scroll down the grid on my sencha fiddle page. The scrollbar automatically scrolls back to the top. Does ExtJS not support browser zoom? https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/29m